Hoverfly Throttlecur and hoverflypro

kjella

I have now setup my octo and i flyes great ,but i think the throttle is to sensitiv around hoverpoint(center stick) and i wounder if there are something to do with that?
Can i do something with my throttlecurve??
any suggestions
thanks

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, you need a well tuned throttle curve to make it fly its best. If your heli takes off around 40% throttle you will want most of you curve between 35-90 as you dont really ever use 100% throttle and you only need to have enough control on the low end to land. So if you hover/fly between 50-70% then the curve should be most horizontal at that range.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
everyone's setup is going to be different. i think i gave you as close to the numbers as i can without giving you false information. Just play around with it. You just really are mellowing out the useable range.

Av8Chuck

Sorry for threadjacking a bit, curious, can you do the same thing for the YAW? Would dampening the YAW around the center help get rid of the slight left and right moves when changing the throttle?

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Sorry for threadjacking a bit, curious, can you do the same thing for the YAW? Would dampening the YAW around the center help get rid of the slight left and right moves when changing the throttle?

You could certainly do that if your radio allows it. What I do for yaw is have a "throttle hold" momentary switch programmed. When I need to yaw while shooting, I pull the throttle hold switch in then yaw. It works great.

I have a 3 way switch with 3 sets of expo setting for Yaw. Full, slow and really slow. Same goes for Elevator and aileron.