680 Pro Payload ??

Anybody know roughly what a 680 can easily carry, I was looking at the Arris Zhaoyun gimbal
http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-zhaoyun-3-axis-brushless-gimbal.html

But the gimbal on it's own is 795g and a Nex or similar is going to add at least another 350g with lens, I would have though flight times would be very short ???

I'm using emax 3510 motors with 12 x 4.5 CF props and 4s 5800 batteries and with a DYS 3 Axis Gimbal and Gopro I've getting 12 mins at the moment but that'll take a serious hit with the extra weight and bigger batteries will turn into the extra weight against the extra return in flight time, I don't think they'd actually add that much??

soler

Why not try simulate the weight before you buy the gimbal? I had the old 650 with a similar setup and it would lift it ok. Check your hover mid point before buying, if much over 50% it will fly but you are running dangerously if you get hit by a gust or wind or bank too hard

Why not try simulate the weight before you buy the gimbal? I had the old 650 with a similar setup and it would lift it ok. Check your hover mid point before buying, if much over 50% it will fly but you are running dangerously if you get hit by a gust or wind or bank too hard

That's a good idea, I will try that!!!

It still surprises me how little response there's been, is nobody flying a 680 or is this just a dead forum???

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
That's a good idea, I will try that!!!

It still surprises me how little response there's been, is nobody flying a 680 or is this just a dead forum???

Not so many people here flying low-cost machines like a Tarot. That's why. Nothing wrong with them, I just got an Iron Man 650 and I'm blown away with the quality.

Bowley

Not so many people here flying low-cost machines like a Tarot. That's why. Nothing wrong with them, I just got an Iron Man 650 and I'm blown away with the quality.

+1

very impressed with the quality of my 680 pro kit, cant wait to build it, but like Witterings I'm pondering what payload to build it around.

soler

I have had a cannon 600D on a 650, I would not generally recommend it but it can be done.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yes, I've seen people way overpowering the frames, and you can get away with it. But IMO, playing with the 650 frame which is pretty similar, I don't recommend more than a GoPro and gimbal payload if you want safe and efficient operation.

" Originally Posted by Benjamin Kenobi
A slight contradiction there don't you think?"

In case you can't read in order my original comment was posted when there were no replies at all - whether prompted by my comment or not but there was subsequently a reply ie a complete change of circumstance and my second comment was in response to that change of circumstances - so not a contradiction at all unless of course you don't understand what it actually means!!
Why are you looking split hairs and pull people up on things anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
In case you missed the point, getting 34 views is hardly a dead forum.

Most people would say 'anyone?' rather than putting down our forum.

+1 on the overall quality and rigidity of the TAROT kit. I have a 690S (650 with new motor mounts) and it is an excellent design with high precision parts. Went together without an itch and it is very light, yet rigid where it counts. I have the SunnySky 2814-11 700 KV (lots of power!) and it performs flawless. My rig uses a DJI H3-3D/Gopro 3/DJI AVL 58 and 4S 6000 mAh. Manoeuvre like a sports car... Very happy with the results.

Only thing that is quite different is the requirement of a power distribution board for the motors as this one does not have the soldered on contacts on the lower plate as per the DJI.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I used a HobbyWing Quattro ESC to solve that problem. It fits nice and tidy right under the top battery tray. Though I actually put my Pixhawk on top of the battery tray.

Don't know about anybody else but I found the screws in my 680 pro kit to be total crap, I threw them out and used DJI screws at extra expense.

In case you missed the point, getting 34 views is hardly a dead forum.

34 or 3334, both are as much use as each other if nobody responds !!!!

Most people would say 'anyone?' rather than putting down our forum.

You know what you're probably right and maybe I should have shown a little more etiquette ............................... still not a contradiction though is it:highly_amused:

Benjamin Kenobi

34 or 3334, both are as much use as each other if nobody responds !!!!

You know what you're probably right and maybe I should have shown a little more etiquette ............................... still not a contradiction though is it:highly_amused:

Gosh you Essex boys are stubborn! :nevreness:

Gosh you Essex boys are stubborn! :nevreness:

Essex GIRLS if you don't mind :frog: Only kidding.

Benjamin you'r probably totally right to pull me up on it though and I probably was out of order. I think I was just frustrated as having spent days building it and obviously spent money buying it, no sooner was it completed I realised I should have bought the 810 rather than 680 for the purpose I want it and it wouldn't have cost me that much more if I'd gone that route in the 1st place!!!!

Benjamin Kenobi

It's all sweet my good man. :nevreness:

I think we all know what it's like being frustrated with something, it's how most of us found this forum in the first place!

Sorry for being overly protective of the forum, I really like it here and get a bit defensive of it.

The 680 is still a good frame. You could drop Elliot at Hexcam a line, he has much experience of these frames and has built quite a few.