Editing Software ??

hacksaw44

Hey guys, What are you using for editing software to add music and effects. I have windows media movie making but wondering what else is out there and what you guys use.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Corel Studio Pro.
$90
Easy to learn.
Very fast rendering (re-Compiling) {But my scratch disc is a 250 Gig SSD}

chipwich

CyberLink PowerDirector 12 on Windows 8.1. I had never heard of CyberLink, but after reading the great reviews and finding a bunch of tutorials on YouTube, decided to give it a try. Have not regretted the decision. I suggest that you read the reviews carefully before deciding.

I also use a 500 GB SSD for a working drive.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The real answer is that if you dont know what's out there you probably don't do anything nearly complex enough to make it worth buying a pro package. If all you are doing is cutting and pasting clips and adding music you can use anything! The one big advantage of pro software is that you have many options to export, but this can also be a big learning curve and most likely all you need is a preset for vimeo or youtube HD, which most include. Most of us with pro software still only use the basic functions that the free packages include, after all 99% of what we are doing is trimming fat off a clip and re-organizing them and then adding music.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.
(Latest version is 6.0)
Some of my vids have up to 7 video layers (some layers of which can be other sequences of multiple layers in their own right) and 4 stereo audio layers.

It has plenty of grunt for any project, but might be over the top for basic stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
started with FCP but switched to Adobe Premier because the stabilization utility in AfterEffects (Warp Stabilizer) is better than what is provided in FCP (IMHO :) ). Keep in mind that there will be more assistance available in the form of Youtube videos and such if you go with one of the bigger name packages. Having said that, there are probably a lot of videos that could help you to get more out of the package you're using if you're just looking for a little extra oomph in your projects.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I have to totally agree there. Warp stabilizer is just amazing! I've stabilized a few clips for colleagues and they all went out and bought Premier Pro afterwards. :nevreness:

dazzab

Is anyone using Avid's Media Pro? It was recommended to me by a friend who wrote some of the firmware for the consoles used by professional's in video editing. Apparently it's quite a step up from Final Cut Pro.