XAircraft SuperX Throttle Direction Problem

johna58

I am not to XAircraft and the SuperX. With all the positive reviews I have been reading the SuperX is cost alternative to some of the higher units so I decided to give it a try.

It has been about three weeks and I have not been able to figure out my throttle direction problem. The only time I am able to start the motors is when the sticks are top-center or top-outward positions. It will start but the throttle travels in the wrong direction. When I replace the SuperX with my Naza version 2 then everything is correct. The throttle start from the bottom. To make sure it is not SuperX, I installed it on another drone with a different make and brand of ESC and motors but with no success. The same situation occurred on the other craft as well.

Receiver: Futaba T14SG with R7008SB receiver (using the SBus connection)

Drone 1: Tarot T960 with DYS 40amp ESC and FoxtTech 5008 motors
Drone 2: Tarot T680Pro with ZTW 30amp ESC and SunnySky x4108 motors.

They all calibrated fine but when I hooked up the SuperX that is when the revers issue reappeared. I even went int the transmitter and reversed the throttle but when I did that noting happens no matter which orientation.

Any and all input, guidance, suggestions and processes will be greatly appreciated.

Av8Chuck

I believe you also have to reverse the throttle in the setup software of the SuperX. In fact if I remember correctly I think there several that needed to be reversed and at first I thought it was odd but it worked exactly as explained in the setup video and the manual.

johna58

Av8Chuck, I thank you for your response. I received emails from Drew at XAircraftAmerica (thanks Drew) and he enlightened me on what I forgot to do and that was to perform the initial stick calibration. I was thinking Naza since that is what I very familiar with and tried to apply that way of thinking to the SuperX. I am pleased to say that once I know what I have to do I calibrated my Futaba and it is working fine. I also made the necessary reversal as well.

Av8Chuck

I've had several DJI's and the SuperX flies much better than anything DJI makes. I try and tell people that and they think I'm putting down DJI, but I'm not. I guess its just something you have to experience for yourself. Have fun flying it.

johna58

Av8Chuck - I am excited to see it lift off (after I get a 15 foot limb off my shed that just fell this morning)...Ouch!

skquad

I've had several DJI's and the SuperX flies much better than anything DJI makes. I try and tell people that and they think I'm putting down DJI, but I'm not. I guess its just something you have to experience for yourself. Have fun flying it.

I own and have flown both. The dji is now sitting in a draw and the superx is in the air. Not because the naza is bad, on the contrary is actually quite good. But because the superx is better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk