How may I charge my GoPro?

Hey guys.

As I'm rebuilding I'll be adding my gimbal +Gopro3 and video rx/tx.

My question is:
What's the Correct way to power my GoPro to keep it charged?

Vitals:
f450
Naza v2 w/gps
taranis w/ x8r
Tarot t2d gimbal
boscam 5.8 x 200mw rx/tx
Batteries: both 3S and 4S

So, the GoPro needs 5v, correct?
Option 1: Should I get a 5v BEC and splice it into my battery?
Option 2:Can I splice it into one of the Servo Ports on the x8r (that is 5v, right?)?
Is one option better than another?

While Im at it:
How do I power my Tarot Gimbal and Boscam TX?
The Boscam TX can go straight into my battery, right?

Can the Tarot go straight into the battery too?
Didnt I read somewhere that it need 12v? Does it matter that I may run both a 3S or 4S batter?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Chris

I have a similar setup, (f450 with a gopro & tarot gimbal)

One of the easiest options is to just run it from the gopro battery as this will outlast any flying time anyway, carry spares & just change over after every couple of LiPo changes.

Alternatively, if you don't want to take off the gopro, there's a tarot AV cable that fixes to your gimbal (link) that will also charge the gopro. The vTX I have has a 5v out on it so I plan to connect to that, so you don't necessarily need a BEC.

The gimbal get's it's power straight from the battery, mine works with both 3S & 4S

I'm not sure about your tx power, check it is compatible with 4S but if so yes, I believe you plug that into the battery.

Hope this is at least some help.

I have a similar setup, (f450 with a gopro & tarot gimbal)

The gimbal get's it's power straight from the battery, mine works with both 3S & 4S

I'm not sure about your tx power, check it is compatible with 4S but if so yes, I believe you plug that into the battery.

Hope this is at least some help.

So below are the tx specs

It says Tx operating voltage is 7-15VDC/150mA
That means its cool to just plug right into a 3S or 4S, right?

Thanks!

Specifications:
Output impedance: 50Ohm
Output power: 21~23dBm
Channels: 8
Transmitter operating voltage: 7~15VDC / 150mA
Receiver operating voltage: 5VDC
Operating temp: -10~85C
Video bandwidth: 0~8.0MHz
Audio frequency: 6.5MHz
Video input level: 0.8~1.2Vp-p
Video input impedance: 75Ohm
Audio input level: 0.5~2.0Vp-p
Audio input impedance: 10K/Ohm
Weight: 25g
Antenna connector: RP-SMA
Dimensions: 55x26x17mm

Yes sounds like it does support 4s voltage. I just found this on the HK site while researching your unit:

"Be very careful if using with the GOPRO. First of all the main supply is incorrect, red is negative and vice versa. When connecting the gopro I found that ground was outputting 12v which subsequently blew the 'video out' from the GOPRO, not impressed"

Worth you checking before wiring it all & powering up!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

chipwich

I'm using the Tarot AV cable as well and also using it to charge while flying. I like the fact that there is one less group of batteries to charge when getting ready the night before, although I do charge the battery in camera as a general rule. We already have flight, headset, transmitter, and ground station batteries to think about. Do be sure of the input voltage and polarity. You can either take power off of your VTX (if voltage is 5v), or use a servo plug and connect it to one of your empty servo ports on the NAZA, since it should be around 5v. Speaking of servo connectors, I've begun using these inline for video and power, instead of just soldering the right terminating connector at each end. This allows you to put an OSD inline and be able to detach everything neatly.