DJI released its brand new 3-axis gimbal stabilization system, the Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC

The DJI Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC gimbal represents a breakthrough in Zenmuse precision, offering a control range of just ±0.01°.
Used with a DJI A2 professional flight controller and a professional DJI aerial system, it will keep the BMPCC stable and controllable
even in strong winds or intense maneuvers. Used with the DJI Lightbridge full HD digital video downlink, it is a Total Solution for aerial photography and cinematography.
zenmuse-z15-bmpcc-01.jpg

Functions:
Three Modes
zenmuse-z15-bmpcc-05.jpg

1.Orientation-locked
2.Non orientation-locked
3.FPV mode (Reset)

Built-in independent IMU module

DJI-designed servo drives

HDMI-AV/HD module

zenmuse-z15-bmpcc-09.jpg

Wireless video transmission module support

Camera record control support

Wide range voltage input support

S-Bus/PPM Receiver support
zenmuse-z15-bmpcc-10.jpg

Please click here for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yippy another product that will no doubt have to be beta tested by the idiots who trust anything you say now.. how about jumping in to the lightbridge thread and explaining excactley how you intend to resolve the issues and miss quotes?

D

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Hey you slime balls I've hit the unsubscribe button for over a year now. What does it take to never get emails from you again??? Oh yeah I'm talking to myself, I forgot you only post ads and not respond to all your blindly loyal followers.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
That is just awesome ie click on the video for the gimbal and getting 'An error has occurred, please try again later'. This sums up DJI's products to perfection.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Chris you crack me up.... Quality.

WTH is wrong with DJI... to fast to quick... running before walking..... or just greedy buggers that just want it while its good and stuff anyone who complains coz there are more and more jumping in to this game and believing everything manufactures claim..

Everyone keep up the pressure on them...

Dave

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Unless the marketing team screwed up assembling it for the photo shoot, I don't like the return to suspension from the silicone balls. It does not work well that way. The Z15-GH3 changed to compression and that does work, without having to resort to third-party mounting solutions to reliably eliminate residual vibration.

flitelab

Looks like the photo is assembled wrong, the photo on DJI product page has it in compression, well some of them do at least, they have some each way, probably just sloppiness.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Customary parallel universe answer from Ed. What do the S1000 and the S800 have to do with the Zenmuse mounting?

Back to the plot ... so it appears that someone just got their balls mixed up for the photo shoot. The most interesting aspect of the Z15-BMPCC is the AV/HD option for the video output. Swap over the camera cage plates from the Z15-GH3, re-balance and, with the appropriate HDMI cable in place, live HD streaming will be available for the GH3&4. I was wondering how they intended to access the camera's HDMI output for the Lightbridge without trailing cables.

I wonder if DJI will offer a GH4 version with this AV/HD option, or maybe a v.2 of the Z-GH3? We could do it ourselves, if only they would supply spare parts for their products. But that is asking rather a lot as it would mean DJI having to establish an after sales service, which of course we have discovered is in strict violation of their established conventions.

They come so very close to being very good.

flitelab

Customary parallel universe answer from Ed. What do the S1000 and the S800 have to do with the Zenmuse mounting?

Back to the plot ... so it appears that someone just got their balls mixed up for the photo shoot. The most interesting aspect of the Z15-BMPCC is the AV/HD option for the video output. Swap over the camera cage plates from the Z15-GH3, re-balance and, with the appropriate HDMI cable in place, live HD streaming will be available for the GH3&4. I was wondering how they intended to access the camera's HDMI output for the Lightbridge without trailing cables.

I wonder if DJI will offer a GH4 version with this AV/HD option, or maybe a v.2 of the Z-GH3? We could do it ourselves, if only they would supply spare parts for their products. But that is asking rather a lot as it would mean DJI having to establish an after sales service, which of course we have discovered is in strict violation of their established conventions.

They come so very close to being very good.

yes an upgrade path for their older gimbals would have been nice. But seems they always focus on new not existing. It's funny they still list it as compatible with the gh3 and wkm when in reality it barely is usable on that setup.

Winter in Austria

Experience the peace, tranquility and natural beauty of a winter in Austria. Shot on the S800 EVO with BMPCC.

Please Click here for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

hexa

Deep sea Fpv with the Dji subma copter? Big money 350 million euros from sales.
When can I buy one.

My Z15 BMPCC arrived with me last night. Just had a chance to get the basics together before heading home for the night but it looks good. Roll and Tilt are now end-stopped, so only continuous rotation on Pan axis. Trying to work out how to get it linked up to my AVL58 now. I'll post some more on it shortly.

Fat Corgi

Serious question. (Without Dji bashing)

I am interested in the Blackmagic Pocket Cam, and if not the dedicated Zenmuse gimbal, what gimbal system would you recommend?

flitelab

If I had to do it again I would probably get the Movi M5 over the Zenmuse GH3 just to have some lens and camera flexibility.