DJI Zenmuse Where is the warranty or support?

ficecone

I have an EVO with a GH3 Zenmuse that is less than 6 months old. It has been flown about 50 times. No crashes or hard landings ever.
Last week the Zenmuse started overheating and making screeching noises. I was in Sarasota Florida so I took it into Troy Built Models, a local DJI rep.
They looked at it and concluded it was broken and sent an email to DJI explaining that although it was purchased through Aerial Media Pros (California) I was
in front of them in Florida. DJI responded by asking where it was purchased (can't they read English) and telling me to deal with the original seller (Aerial Media Pros)
I personally emailed DJI describing the problem and got no response at all (its been 7 days). Aerial Media Pros (Mitchel) tells me that it will take about 3 weeks (from receipt)
for DJI to repair the Zenmuse and that they will probably charge me several hundred dollars for the repair. When I asked him about the fact that this was under six months old
and essentially brand new he did not have a good response other than to say that DJI usually charges a fee. He suggested I call the DJI repair station in California. I have called them several times. Each time I get a robotic message that says there are 45 people ahead of me waiting to speak with a rep. I hang on for 30 minutes and the number drops to 40. I give up and hang up. So I shipped my Zenmuse to Aerial Media Pros and wait......
In the mean time I am entering my busy season and will have to start dropping bookings. I guess if you want to use DJI products you need to own a a bunch of them so you can cannibalize them when you need parts. Terrible way to do business.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
sorry to hear it ficecone. regarding your comment about owning multiples, it's the business and you really ought to have at least two of everything. it's inevitable that you'll show up at a job one day and something won't work as planned. if people are standing around waiting on you then having a back-up will keep the day moving for everyone. leaving a job without completing the job is a bad bad way to end a day.

good luck getting your issues resolved. I suspect DJI is running out of time to get their issues worked out as other competitive options are emerging.

Bart

I'm in a similar boat, and am doing what Bart is suggesting. My current setup has been through a lot this past year (hard landings, a hard crash, etc.), starting to show signs of it. I'm in the process of buying/building a second setup out of my savings, then, if needed, can send my Z15 in for repairs/overhaul.