Zenmuse Z15 GH3 question...

Mick Koi

Hi all, do anyone know if the newly released Panasonic GH4 will fit into the GH3 gimbal? the dimensions on the Panasonic website are virtually the same except for a 2mm difference in the depth of the body, but having never even seen a GH3 gimbal I'm wondering if that 2mm difference comes into play? thanks chaps : )

Hi all, do anyone know if the newly released Panasonic GH4 will fit into the GH3 gimbal? the dimensions on the Panasonic website are virtually the same except for a 2mm difference in the depth of the body, but having never even seen a GH3 gimbal I'm wondering if that 2mm difference comes into play? thanks chaps : )

Hi Mick,

Unless the GH4 is exactly the same as the GH3 (which I doubt), the Zenmuse won't fit. The Zenmuse is camera-specific in fit and balanced to the specific camera. Believe me, I was able to verify this with the Sony Nex5 and a Zenmuse for the the Nex 7. Although the cameras are similar, the fits are different. And I don't think you want to mess with the balance of the Zenmuse, unless you want a flying martini-shaker. Maybe some other flyers have a different view.
Anyone?

Tuomas P.

It will be so close to GH3 that certainly it will fit. The Zenmuse can be balanced just like any other gimbal. I believe fitting the GH4 is a minor job compared to Blackmagic Pocket, for example. The hdmi is micro instead of the mini in the GH4, so a new cable is needed. But in a few weeks we will know...
TP.

Mick Koi

thanks for both those replies, and yes I'm glad you think it will fit, i was kinda hoping it would, with the dimensions being so close. when u say in a few weeks you will know...are you due a GH4 for your setup?
View attachment 16979View attachment 16980

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 20.58.04.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 20.58.04.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 20.58.23.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 20.58.23.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 307

flyonix

Flyonix

We got hold of the GH4 at the BVE in london, and we tried it on our Zenmuse GH3, it fits, but the GH4 has a micro HDMI out rather than a midi HDMI out...

Cheshirecat

We got hold of the GH4 at the BVE in london, and we tried it on our Zenmuse GH3, it fits, but the GH4 has a micro HDMI out rather than a midi HDMI out...

Very interesting as i am looking to move to the GH4, i wonder if DJI will bring out a conversion kit for the cable, although a HDMI TX is interesting too so perhaps not all that practical as a direct connection to the HDMI out would be needed and 360 Degree rotation sacrificed.

Mrtarango32

Hi Mick,

Unless the GH4 is exactly the same as the GH3 (which I doubt), the Zenmuse won't fit. The Zenmuse is camera-specific in fit and balanced to the specific camera. Believe me, I was able to verify this with the Sony Nex5 and a Zenmuse for the the Nex 7. Although the cameras are similar, the fits are different. And I don't think you want to mess with the balance of the Zenmuse, unless you want a flying martini-shaker. Maybe some other flyers have a different view.
Anyone?

I've balanced a sony nex5 on z15 for nex 7. It's not impossible. It takes about 30 minutes to rebalance it.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Same here, managed to reballance GH3 zunmuse for other similar sized camera. I wouldn't be at all surprised in DJI brought out an adapter. If they don't I'm sure someone else will.