Aeronavics / Droidworx Skyjib X4:where do you put your ESCs

iconflyer

Hello Everybody,
Just out of interest where are skyjib users usually installing the ESCs? I'm talking about the typical 40A+ individual ESCs and not the the integrated boards, top deck? or between the two core plates? I wonder if top placement has any effects on the GPS or IMU.

cabo_wabo

Using a Gryphon Power Dist Board and ESC's underneath the lower core plate. Requires a minor drop of landing gear and camera sled with standoffs to fit. In theory this removes a noise source x8 from the flight deck. GPS on top of cage. Still toying with Anderson power poles for the motor-to-ESC connection vs loose wires.

kloner

Aerial DP
I use the droidworx power distribution board and it has a spot for the esc's to strap into....

cbuk

I also use the DW distribution board but decided to mount my esc on the upper outside edge of the top plate. Probably not the neatest way but gives excellent cooling and means I can access the esc easily to check temperatures after flying.

kloner

Aerial DP
with the 60 amp, the heat sink is sticking out from the plates an inch or so, like this, I bought taller spacers to get the plates more room to let the esc's breathe

View attachment 16868

we log and monitor every esc and every motor every flight, ir temp gun

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 297

iconflyer

Awesome...thank you all for your replies...wish I knew the DW board had a spot for the ESCs...would have been neater...I'll zip tie the ESCs on the top deck outside and slightly underneath the flight controller mounting plate