Aerial Media Pros Heavy Lift Kit - hardware issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a 550 heavy lift kit from Aerial Media Pros last week. Started my build as soon as the items showed up. Kinda bummed at the hardware included with the heavy lift kit.

Three big problems:

1. bullet connectors too long -- they stick out 1.5mm in the stock 550 dji esc. Stock bullets are 8mm. these are 9.5mm
2. bullet connectors are frail -- broke two upon the first removal of them in the esc. because of the excessive length and the quality and the way they are made, there's a lever effect, and will continue to break. They are "prongs" and can flex at the base of each. Photo of one of them attached. There are higher quality bullets in their build vid. Wondering why I didn't get them.
3. plate hardware is lower quality -- material is too soft. Backed them out one time (plate was installed upside down) and hex heads stripped. (I was using the correct size key). They just aren't hardy enough to be backed out and put back to use.

I have all 18 connectors soldered on & they'll all have to come off now. Does anyone know where I can purchase high quality 8mm male bullet connections?

I'm posting similar posts in the vendor area, but I don't think they are getting any visibility down there.

View attachment 16843View attachment 16844

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 253

Hello,

If you have an issue with the hardware, feel free to contact us (The vendor) Directly. I would be happy to look into your situation. You will often get a much swifter response by communicating to the vendor directly. I am not sure how those bullets broke. We do at least 4-6 Heavy lift builds a week, and we have never had that problem. Personally, I like these bullets better than the older ones show in our build video (Which is over a year old). They seem to have a stronger grip than compared to the older/cheaper style bullets. I use liquid electrical tape to cover the small part sticking out. That also helps keep the bullet from sliding out. If you do not like them, I would be happy to refund you some money so you could go buy the ones your most happy with.

What size hex driver were you using on the hardware? We included some free screws. I can send you more, or I can refund you a few bucks so you can get some super heavy duty ones that work better for you. Email us at contact@aerialmediapros.com, and let me know if you would like some spare cash to get some extra hardware. Either way, we are here to help bud.

Take care,

Patrick

Thanks for the reply. I don't need a few dollars for the hardware. That's not my point. I'm just trying to get a build done for a project that we're in the middle of right now. I've spent thousands with you and I'm sensing your being sarcastic by asking me if I need a few bucks for hardware.

I broke two of the connectors right out of the gate, what am I supposed to do? I'm not happy with the quality of the hardware and don't want them failing during a flight.

For the record, I tried calling several times, but seems I get the voice mail most of the time.

I chose to purchase from you over other vendors several times. A little courtesy is all I ask in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

mangoats

You should try to take all emotion out when reading a forum reply. If your already upset, you'll take the reply as negative, if your happy with the vendor, you take it as a positive reply.

Only when you talk to them in person can you read the demeanor of the reply.

I took it as a positive jester to help you out to reaching your goal.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris. It's sound, logical advice. But I don't think so in this case; but you could be right, I been wrong before.

This was expensive for me and when the bullets started breaking (2 of them in the same spot) I wondered if there were other short cuts taken with the kit outside the hardware, and admittedly panicked a bit. The bullets provided have almost no hold in the stock 550 esc so I think that's lip service in regards to that. The stock dji bullets hold rock solid. Just a pain as I've soldered all 18 and mounted them already. Now they have to come off, de-solder and re-solder. Not the end of the world but a waste of time.

I also couldn't get anyone on the phone or email for two days and then yes, started getting tempered. No biggie, but I think it's odd that I get no reply going direct, but once I post up here -- the response is almost immediate. More lip service about going direct.

Ironic as I was defending them in another post elsewhere, but I'm going with my gut with Patricks sarcasm to give me some "spare cash" and taking my business elsewhere from now on.

Honestly, I was offering you a quick partial refund so you could get other hardware as quickly as possible. I wasn't being sarcastic. You stared your unhappy with a product you got from us. I was simply trying to refund you for the parts you were not happy with. I mention to email us direct because we have more techs on email than the phone. It's no secret, our phone rings non stop all day. A quick simple email stating your dis satisfaction would have gotten a quick response. Let me know if I can be of any assistance,

Patrick

Then I apologize. I'll simply pick up some hardware that I'm happy with. I'm empathetic to the situation -- a rapidly growing business with not enough time to get to everything. Sorry for hassling, and thanks for taking the time to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.