Aeronavics / Droidworx Motor Suggestions for Skyjib X4 AUW 10-12KG

iconflyer

Hello,
I'm completing my second build for a SJX4 and I realized that the motors I bought(MN4014-11) are too underpowered for the AUW I'm planning to fly. Here's the break down:

ComponentWeight(grams)
Core + arms + quick release1065
Crash Cage224
X4 Engine Mounts350
Landing Skids650
Camera2500
Gimbal1300
Total6089

That's the total weight without motors,props, ESCs and power distribution. With U5 motors and 16X5.5, 2 6S 5000mah eCalc predicts the AUW to be around 11500 grams and hovering at 51% throttle. Do you guys think this is a good combination? I plan to use APC multirotor props or even invest in a set of the T-Motor 16" CF props. I would go for U7s or KW12s but they are out of stock indefenitely and I hear they won't be in stock until end of next month...I plan to purchase U7s in the future as an upgrade...for now I need this baby up in the air with my BMC4K :) Let me know what you guys think.

On a related note, I have 5 new pairs of MN4014-11's, still in their sealed boxes if any one is interested I'll be selling them for 750USD total(150 USD per pair vs 200 USD)...I can even throw brand new spare bearings and shafts to sweeten the deal. If interested please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

Skyjib and u7 dont go well together until you Will strenghten the frame. Coax has from 9 to 12% less trust than okto. Keep this in mind. U5 have 3kg easy on 100% so 24kg minus 2,4kg gives you 21kg. So 11kg total weight is doable. Hope you have all the info to decide now what you need.

iconflyer

Yes absolutely...thanks so much for the advise.

I through that the SJX4 with the crash cage does well...that's the only reason I bought the cage. Or I can probably double on the core CF plates somehow to increase the overall rigidity. I saw you guys lifting 20KG on KW10s with SJ setup, seemed stable...you'd know better of course but I'm interested in either the U7s or your KW12s once they are in stock. For now I will go with the U5s and 16 or 15 inch props. If it's ok with you I'll email you directly to discuss my setup as I would be interested in your Hammer frame and KW12's combination.

My Skyjib X4 can hold my body weight and not brake. 70+ kilos. I tried... My opinion is that the motors you have will work fine. DJI fc's like hovering above 65% max throttle.

Lanzar

My Skyjib X4 can hold my body weight and not brake. 70+ kilos. I tried... My opinion is that the motors you have will work fine. DJI fc's like hovering above 65% max throttle.

Something is that it supports your weight. The other thing is that is bends and shakes when used with 12 to 15 kg and booms go up and down like 800 under stress. This resuts in vibratons and unvanted imu correcions. And boom also rotate which gives you prop declanation and jaw spining or non needed yaw corretions ........

Something is that it supports your weight. The other thing is that is bends and shakes when used with 12 to 15 kg and booms go up and down like 800 under stress. This resuts in vibratons and unvanted imu correcions. And boom also rotate which gives you prop declanation and jaw spining or non needed yaw corretions ........

Strange, I have been flying my SJ8 converted to X4 for a year with none of the issues you mention. Maybe DW is using thinner weaker CF lately.

kloner

Aerial DP
I've had the airframe there.... for a flat 8 it's right around 17kg

i'd go kde direct 3520 with 16"-17" props.....

iconflyer

Strange, I have been flying my SJ8 converted to X4 for a year with none of the issues you mention. Maybe DW is using thinner weaker CF lately.
I have the new Titanium X4, core plate thickness is 1.5mm, booms are 1mm. What are your specs? Also interested to know your AUW.

I have the same thickness cf. 9.4 kilos. WKM, Herkules III, Orbit 15-22.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KguPCaWs5Ro