NAZA Startup LED Meanings - Explained

bucker

Great posting, thanks. Question though, my Hex takes a long time, 75 seconds approx, from power being applied to be able to unlock the motors, it goes through what I would say is all the correct flash sequences - based on your post. Is this an unusually long time?
Hmm no, that doesn't sound normal. You should be able to "unlock" the props almost straight away, regardless of whether it has acquired a GPS signal (not recommended without). Do you mean to say you literally cannot start the props for about a minute after start-up?

McSterls

yes, that's right, I thought it seemed like a long time myself. maybe I should record the light flashes so i can decipher if it's
flashing a problem.

Does the throttle need to be at 50% while the naza boots up?

bucker

No throttle
yes, that's right, I thought it seemed like a long time myself. maybe I should record the light flashes so i can decipher if it's
flashing a problem.

Does the throttle need to be at 50% while the naza boots up?
No, throttle should always be at 0% until ready to take off while booting up.

Also, you should definitely be able to activate the props within seconds of power on.

Seems strange to me

McSterls

Just ran a few tests with mine:
GPS Mode throttle @0% 2:4o to unlock
ATTI Mode throttle @0% 3:10 to unlock
ATTI Mode throttle @50% :32 to unlock.

Here's what my lights look like in GPS Mode:

YGYGYG
GGGG
YYY (fast blinking 13 times)
Y (single yellow blink 9 times)
YYY (fast blinking 19 times)
Y (single yellow blink 8 times)
YYY (fast blink 9 times)
Y
YYY (fast blink 4 times)
Y (single yellow blink 16 times)
GGGGGGGGGG
G
G

any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

bucker

Well, your lights combos look fine. But not being able to arm the motors until GPS fix is NOT NORMAL. Modes like atti don't even use gps for stabilization during flight so I see no reason why you can't arm the motors before a fix.

All I can suggest is try reflashing or updating the firmware of the naza. Definitely sounds like a software glitch you have there.

Giovanni59

I'm glad I found this thread. I am getting continuous yellow flashing which indicates lost radio signal. But I do have radio contact, I can even fly in attitude. Does anyone have a solution?

McSterls

Wish I could tell you, my pattern hasn't changed to be "correct" but everything works fine, it only takes longer then it should to unlock the motors, failsafe and return to home work fine - I would test it carefully and see what happens. I have noticed that after I swap batteries, the second boot up takes no time whatsover.

Giovanni59

OK, I left it on the driveway blinking away and came in to post this and when I went back out after about 10 minutes it was blinking the regular leds.
I guess the continuous yellow was really just the warming up signal. can anyone confirm that the warm up flashing is a distinct 4 flashes with a pause? Has anyone ever gotten the continuous yellow flashing? (BTW it looks more orange to me than yellow) thanks

My Naza V2 spends 3-4 minutes "warming up" (repeating 4 yellow flashes) before I can arm the motors. Annoying, but I thought that was just how it works. Naza V1 didn't do that.

Giovanni59

DJI describes the warm up flashes as 4 flashes, a pause and then 4 flashes again. Mine has been blinking continuously. DJI describes that as radio signal lost, which I don't know how that can be. I wait sometimes up to 10 minutes and then I get the regular flashes. I did that on my "last" flight and launched and within 10 seconds it was back to yellow flashes. Could not control it, switched to attitude and regained control but strong winds kept taking it further away, started to panic because was losing orientation, could not tell which was forward, switched back to GPS just to get situated for a second and it went ballistic and dove into a lake where $4500 worth of equipment sits now. I contacted DJI about this problem but never heard back from them. Anyone know what I can do? this company is supposed to be top rate but their FC made me lose this UAV. Don't they monitor these forums and see what people are going through? Is it time to switch to another FC? I have WKM V2 and A2 on two of my other craft.

If the Naza is flashing loss of communication, that could be a tx/rx issue, rather than an issue with the Naza. Check connection between receiver and Naza, check Tx battery, antenna connections.

Also, make sure you flight modes are configured correctly. If the values on channel 7 (?) are off, you may think you flipped to GPS mode, but actually triggered Failsafe, which is (IIRC) a steady yellow flash. Test your flight modes while connected to the DJI configuration software (remove your props).

Giovanni59

I guess if I didn't crash into the golf course lake the next test would be to try another radio RX, the DX9 is brand new and works beautifully with my other craft. Thanks

I would like to add that I found an app for my smart phone that has all of the Naza led meanings. Works great and it was free. Same as the cheat sheet card but in an app. search " DJI led description"

KMan850

Good Job on explaining the LEDs made the sequence confusion much easier. Thought I was losing the signal, but with a bit of patience all seems ok now.

Hansvdh

I have a green red red red en not green green red red red.
When it have gps then there is one green en not two.

What do I wrong?

BLAKEABBOTT

Interesting that's answers a lot of questions.... I'm using a Turnigy 9X transmitter/receiver, and Naza m lite. I thought I had it wired and paired correctly... What am I doing wrong?

Here are how my channels are set up:
1>a
2>e
3>t
4>r
6>u

V-Sen > x3
LED > LED
GPS > EXE