Aeronavics / Droidworx Droidworx Y6 issue

So I attempted to maiden my Y6 the other day, and despite checking motor rotation in the naza assistant using the motor test tool and ensuring the count clockwise props where on the top motors and the clockwise on the lower motors it would not take off at all not even a hint of lift If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated, setup detailed below. I do know one motor is a bit notchy and does not spin as good as the others however i would expect the airframe to give a indication of lift even if one motor was not performing as smoothly as the others.

Droidworx y6

naza v1 with gps and pmu 'all from previous working airframe ' Tested and checked all ok in assistant.'
dji 30a opto escs
Axi goldline 2814/22 motors
2x 4s 36 mah lipo's ran in parallel
11x5 graupners
Gryphon power distribution board

I setup the tx/rx 'Taranis' accordingly all throttle/ failsafe working accordingly connected via sbus.

Any idea's folks ? according to ecalc it should have given me around 9+ minutes of hoover time, estimated weight around 3.5 kg.

Image of props.

Thanks Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Jim ...

Check leading edge of props are 'biting' into the air as they rotate. On a coax the lower props are mounted so that the top of the prop is next to the motor unlike the upper props which are mounted with their top way from the motor.

andy

Holger

Yep facing up, same as the top ones?
Sure they turn the right way?
Remember to look down on it, don't turn it over to check

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep sure its all mounted correctly but I will take a picture and post it shortly guys.

Jim

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

On the Naza the motor orientation is top rear m1 top right m2 top left m3, rear lower m4 lower right m5 lower left m6 just checked again on the naza manual.

First Post up dated with image of props.

Jim

ZAxis

From your pic it looks like you have the props set to rotate clockwise on top and counter clockwise underneath..... the wrong way. Swap bottom props to top and vice versa.

andy

Hi Andy, the props on top are the grouper 11x5 L which when purchased where sold as CCW props? Hence why I put them on top and the graupner cw ones lower.

Cheers Jim

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

ZAxis

Clock/counter clockwise is a matter of where you are looking from. What's important is that the raised leading edge is catching the air and deflecting it downwards as it rotates.

Attachments

• Props_Y6_zps13005535.jpg
    Props_Y6_zps13005535.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 220