The next rig for Yonder Blue Films - "Less Is More"

Quick update... It's been a very busy few months. No time to put into a brand new build at the moment. We've been flying the Red a lot lately, so we upgraded our octo to the KDE 3520 motors with their triple prop adapters. And it handles the Red really well. I'll need to wait until fall before I can build another rig, but I may go ahead and start ordering parts now. Here's a quick pic of the upgrade.

View attachment 19183

Attachments

• KDE_Red.jpg
    KDE_Red.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 399

min0nim

That's a great update.

I've literally just ordered the 4012's for an x8 with the triple blade adaptors too. Theoretically it should have a bit of capacity, but it's always reassuring to see someone else on a similar build.

fpmurphy

This has been a super helpful thread to follow. I'm just now finishing up a Vulcan X8 and was wondering, how do you travel with your copter? I'm using the gryphon PDB with bullet connectors so I can remove all of the arms. I'm just always looking for a better solution.

The Vulcan black widow X8 folds. You can use both mantis arms, and straight arms.

I bought mine from vulcan directly at uavshop.co.uk . They are a pleasure to buy from, and even made some custom parts to me. I absolutly recommend them. Superb quality and really good service.