So What You Brits up to on this wet & Windy Day

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well I can just about hear the church bells over the wind and the rain lashing down on my workshop roof.. another day of fettling, forum reading, drooling over kit way out of budget and checking XC weather hoping for a miracle!

So what you Brits doing out there? For you lots in sunnier climes why not post us some picks to cheer us in the UK up..

I may even go to Church and pray for good weather! :dejection:

Dave

Zaidy

Workshop, paperwork and of course praying for good weather to go flying before heading back to work.........!

cbuk

Much the same conditions in the south west this morning so I'm resigned to no flying. I was looking at XC weather yesterday and things were not looking good in the south west for most of next week :upset:; the forecast is for continual gusts of greater than 30mph untill next saturady....double :upset::upset:. Blowing a "hooley" here at the moment but no rain yet so may get on with my van modification later. I've had to redesign the interior so I can store and transport the X4; after a lot of head scratching i think I'm getting there. I'd already converted the van a few years back so I can camp off grid for days on end (the draw of Dartmoor!). Its setup with full cooker (3 hobs, oven and grill), compressor fridge, water and sink, double bed, 250W solar panel wired into leisure electrics so not a lot of room for much else especially when travelling with my hairy 45 kg companian (lab/rottie cross). A slight modification to the bed and I think the X4 will stow away safely. Cant wait to get her flying out on dartmoor....just need a bit of decent weather but not too sure the praying will work Dave!

Jumpy07

Not much different in Scotland.. can count on fingers of one hand the good days we have had since last Nov... roll on the summer (well the single day we normally get lol).

Workshop for me today, changing ESCs on CarbonCore Hex.. which is no mean feat.. should keep me out of mischief for most of the day.

Watched a program a few weeks ago, where they discussed how much windier our weather is getting in the UK.. maybe sticking the GoPro on a kite is a better idea.. def cheaper as well.. :)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Furniture shopping and a day with the family! Also doing a bit of paperwork and kit goggling and now just about to go and hang our pictures on our walls of the house we moved into 1 year ago!

Just been tinkering with the Y6 still waiting for a opportunity to maiden it. Looking at esc/ lipo combinations. Might looking at rebuilding the av 130 gimbal or at least look at what parts I need yo replace.

Jim

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just went out and launched my SJLX4 into the heavens to see how the AV200IDD coped.. GoPro filming trees with justs hitting her and ramming her earthwards and battering it all over the place.. Got the gorp footage but must not have pressed the record on the GH3 all the way.. bugger.. now do I really want to do that again!?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok just watched country file! May as we'll go to bed and stay there till next weekend. !

Maybe a road trip to south of France is in order.

Ah well we can all dream!

ZAxis

I just got out of the country, sent to the Antipodes by my company on a business trip. I'm sat here in sunny Oz, 28 deg C, blue sky, warm ocean, wonderful!
Unfortunately I'm flying back to the UK today so that's the end of that.

andy
(Zaxis snr)