DJI S1000 Owners Thread - Mini Build Log

mmalik4

Are the premiums getting red locking tabs looks kinda cool. I have also seen white locking tabs for the boom.. do we know which one are we getting for pre-order perios

sk8brd

Well I am awaiting a replacement A2. Do not know yet whether the first A2 is responsible for the motor spasms or not. So I'll swap it for another and see. Dunno why I always get supplied with lemons.

What esc's and motor's are you running?, there was another member that had some type of motor control issue w/ the A2 setup on a hex and i'm trying to figure out what was causing the issue for him. he ended up loosing the crafts w/ a gh3 zen setup. He was having some type of stutter previously to the the craft coming down. Definitely don't continue to fly it till that's adressed.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It is a bog standard S800 EVO with A2. All new.

As I also mentioned, on the face of it the finger of blame seems to point to the Flight Control, since those same booms behaved normally on a standard S800. A replacement FC will be here this very afternoon and that EVO piece of crap .... sorry, .... and that baby is not going anywhere until the FC has been swapped and another ground test has been conducted.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
If you are talking to me, loading the latest DJI firmware is certainly no guarantee that everything will work nicely. Like 5.22 for the WKM where the engineer 'forgot' to activate Return To Home. Why do you think v5.16 is so popular with the WKM? But, as it happens, the latest v2.1 firmware is loaded.

sk8brd

keep me posted mombasaflah. i know this is a build thread and don't want to veer of course but i know some dji support people are on this thread. since a lot of people will be using the a2 including me soon i would like to avoid any mishaps on my rig that i'm building if possible and i think this is relevant. i am trying to help out some people with some motor cut out's while on a2's i know there are several possibilities of why that has nothing to do with the a2. in one case i believe there was issue w certain simonk flashed esc's and certain tiger motor's in regard to a calibration technique. my naza's have been great so far no issues and many are reporting great result's w/ a2's so i'm far from a dji basher! any way here are some log's from a a2 that had an issue trying to help a guy out and don't know how to interpret, any insight will be appreciated apparently motor's cut out and wouldn't respond to throttle input with battery left. http://in.futureweb.at/temp/copter/index.html

Zzr

Thanks!
basic Pitch/Roll =160/160
attitude Pitch/Roll =160/160
both Vertical/Yaw =170/170
Is that correct?

What's your IMU and GPS Value. IF you using lips 16000Mah and with Zen GH3

I am running the following gains on our S1000. Works really good and handles winds well.

160 160 170 170
160 160

We will have (30) S1000's in Stock HERE on Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple

I am not a fan of its portability. The S800 arms came off for very easy transport in a small flat suitcase. This one takes a huge beast of a box, perfect for airline luggage revenue. I wish they would have made the arms removable with no tools like the S800.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
keep me posted mombasaflash ...

To avoid taking this thread off subject the misbehaving EVO and A2 story is on THIS ONE. Suffice to say that the two faults have been rectified by replacement of just the two suspects - the FC Main Control box and the retracts Control Board. Only three flights so far but things look normal now.

I am not a fan of its portability. The S800 arms came off for very easy transport ...

The question of portability is a tricky one for MR manufacturers. Droidworx make all sorts of claims about the quick pack-down of their 'sideways folding boom' design and stress that it does not involve repeated breaking of the electrical connection. However, it still ends up with a pretty large case and does involve a load of fiddle-faddle. The S800's removable booms design makes for the best travel package but runs the risk of worn boom connectors over time. The S1000 is somewhere in between and its design looks like the most friendly for local travel, i.e. in the back of a car or van.

paparazzit

Hi... i'm new to this world of RC and I', inturested in getting [h=1]DJI S1000 premium[/h]For my self. I would just like to know is Gimbal for the DSLR camera included and if it's not what kind would you recommend. Also what kind of video downlink is Ok yo use with this model of multicopter?
Tnx

sk8brd

thats been out for a little while now. that guy for fox tech is on rc group's and it's kind of impressive how fast he responds when people have questions or concerns. i think it's even bigger then the s1000 but pretty much a clone. The guy's name i think if Fu. The design is a bit different though no esc's built into arms, traditional pdb board or harness, arm locks... but it does look like an s1000 though and pretty sure that's exactly who they went after like most others do.

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
What a joke! They have completely missed the point with the folding booms which are longer than the u/c legs, never mind that Fufu forgot to lock them before turning it all the right way up. DJI don't ned to lose much sleep over that rival.