Another hello from Canada

Marcus

Hi everyone.
Long time R/C'er originally from Europe, now living in Canada (Ontario).

I run on-road car in the Winter indoors which keeps me 'nearly' sane while I wait for the Snow & Ice to clear in the spring meaning I can get back into the air with my multirotors.

I am fairly comfortable admitting I am a DJI Flight Controller fan. Having tried APM, Wii and KK boards I realized that if you want something to work out the box you have to be prepared to spend the money.

My favorite non-DJI controller is the KK 2.x board which, while simple, has never let me down and flies great. I don't even give house space to the APM's though. Not interested in reinventing the wheel every time I set an FC up LOL

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Welcome guys. I hope you find thses boards as friendly and useful as I have. Some great info here with no such thing as a dumb question, but certainly such thing as a dumb reply! Enjoy your MRs they are awesome.

Gonesouth

I see it's been a while, but I'm looking for guidance on controllers, so I hope you may still see this. I am looking for a growth path to go from a basic flyer to a unit with GPS homing, and eventually to a planned mission flyer while carrying a camera. I am hoping to stay within a controller family to save on learning as well as money. Can you advise what boards you recommend....Thanks

Hi Marcus and welcome amongst us! I think that you will find pretty much everything you want to know here and some more. This hobby sure beats stamps collections... :)