Voltage problem!!!!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If it doesn't work if you plug direct ESC to RX you have several things wrong.

So that we have a basis for understanding:

1. When you plugged ESC servo to FC, did FC have power?
2. Plug RX throttle channel directly to ESC servo. Power ESC and tell us what you get.
3. What type of cables do you have from RX to FC?
4. Do you have a spare cable from question 3?
5. Which FC pins are you connecting the RX to FC on?

on multiwii - some ports/pins will be 5v, some will be 3v (for LEDs and other add-ons). Does you FC look like the one below?

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.n...b5-1cf2-4e0c-92d5-0a91c30bf732.jpg?1369229739

Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrPR

I made the test

1) Yes, it have power
2) the orangerx dont turn on but the jR rx turn on.
3) I have the cable that have black,red,white
4) no but I cut to male/female and made one male/male with caution.
5) The ones that said -+. I put the first cable (- + singnal) in the first three pins.

Note:

i changed the cable for a good one. Now i put the cable (FC -+ signal) in the RX, connect the battery and i can hear a beeps but no lights go on. I take out the csble from the RX and the lights in the FC turn on. This is wierd.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Without seeing a pin diagram for the FC, I can't really tell what is supposed to be connected to what. It sounds like you have a bad cable - or are plugged in completely wrong.

Why can't you use the JR receiver? You said that turned on. Which radio do you have?

QuadrPR

The receiver are good because I test both in the ESC servo cable. You can see the diagram in the ebay link that I post before. I plug everything fine. Im thinking that the problem is the FC but i can prove it.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Wow. It just gets more and more confusing.

You once said the FC gets power. You said the Jr receiver works when hooked up (you never clarified whether that worked while connected directly to ESC or FC). Why are you not just using that JR receiver?

If the FC gets power. And the JR receiver gets power (from ESC, but not from FC) then it sounds like a cable. Or the power of the board is not passing correctly, which could be a bad regulator.

You have mentioned so many things in seemingly random order that I have no idea how to explain to methodically test you setup.

You need to strip it back to the basic setup. Use the RX you KNOW can turn on, with all the rest plugged in correctly to the FC, ESCs etc. Then start swapping cables.

QuadrPR

I connect both receiver in the ESC cable and they turn on, so the receivers are good. I put both in the FC -+throtle pins where is suppose to get power and nothing happen. The light in the FC dont turn on. I disconnect the cable from RX and the FC turn the lights on. The voltage in that area (- + throtle) is 2.9v.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I hate to say this - but I think your FC has an issue. I just had something similar on my multiwii (Mega). Still don't know exactly what it is - but it sounds like the regulator is bad.

Where are you located? How quick can you get a replacement to test?

Last edited by a moderator: