Voltage problem!!!!

QuadrPR

Hi:

After weeks waiting for my receiber on warranty, today i try to start my Armattan CNC 355 and nothing. Happen. Before I was thinking that the problem was the receiver but today I received it, I installed and nothing happen. So isnt my receiber. I measure the flight control voltage and it is in 2.9v. Is suppose to be in 5V? What happen? Please help.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You really need to give some more details. What FC? Which receiver? Battery voltage you're running? Is the FC powered through BEC or ESC?

sorry for your trouble - but people will be able to help better if you list all the facts.

QuadrPR

Armattan CNC 355
motor: RCX 2822/12 1800kv motors
esc: Hobby King F-20 SimonK ESC
flight control: multiwii 2.5v
receiver: jr rb831b and orangerx r620
battery: 3s 11.1v 25c

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yep, swap the ESCs. Also, have you measured the voltage coming from the battery to make sure the battery is cool?

The multiwii definitely wants to run at 5v - and I have read the anything under can damage it (the threshold is about 4.7 IIDC). Is it possible the FC got short-changed on power at some point?

QuadrPR

Ok, i dont buil it. Is an Armattan CNC 355. I dont receive answer from Armattan technical support yet. I dont know how the power are distributed. I just follow the order from Armattan video: your receiver here, your other channels here and turn on. That's all. The FC dont turn on the blue light, just the green one. I know that there is a blue light because I saw in a video.

QuadrPR

Yes, They are charged and balance. The voltage from the servo cable from ESC is 5v but I dont know how the FC are powered. You can explain me?

QuadrPR

The voltage in the battery said: 12.49v. I take that measure put the multimeter direct to the battery. I dont know if this is normal because the battery said 3c 11.1v

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The measurement of a 3S battery will be over 14v. You should take a look at the sticky about Lipo batteries. It's really informative and will answer most of your battery questions.

There are 2 ways to power the RX & FC. One is through the servo coming from a ESC (as long as there is an onboard BEC - OPTO style do not). The other way is with an external UBEC that gets power from the battery and provides solid power to the FC and/or RX.

If you have an ESC that can provide power - then when that is plugged in to the FC it gets power. Also, when the FC is connected to the control channels of RX, one of the channel connections should have all three wires plugged in (signal, power and ground). That will provide power to the RX.

Hope that makes sense.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Better yet, what exactly is the problem you're having???

is there no power at all getting to the FC? Have you attempted doing the throttle calibration for the ESCs - which removes the FC from the equation all together?

Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrPR

The problem is that I cant use my new quad. I put the receiver and I dont see any light turn on in it. I think is voltage problem. I cant bind it with my transmitter from day one. I sent the receiber to warranty thinking that the problem was the receiver but I received it yesterday, tested and nothing happen. I test with other receiver and nothing happen. Today I verifed and test with my fluie and the red cable is open(no conductivity). I try with jumper cable (3; - + and signal). When I put the battery the blue and green light turno on.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Im sorry, I'm trying to help here, but we may have a little communication barrier.

If you have put the battery power directly to it and it worked, that's a start. If the same thing happened with another receiver, then those 2 tests should prove that it's not the receiver. The next test would be to plug 1 ESC servo cable into the throttle channel of the receiver (all 3 wires should be present). Turn on Tx, and then provide power to the ESC.

See if that gives you power to the RX.

If you haven't ever been able to bind - you might want to do this first - just powering the RX the way you listed above (battery and jumpers?).

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ok good. Let us know how it goes. If it doesn't work from that 1 ESC, unplug it and try plugging the servo from another ESC to see if that works. Could be a bad ESC, or servo wire.

Technically it it doesn't need to be the throttle channel of the RX, that's just the one you use to calibrate your ESCs when you get the RX working correctly.

which was the red wire not showing any power? From the ESC servo lead?

QuadrPR

The red cable dont have conductivity. I already test the 4 ESC cable and they have 5v. What happen if I connect the receiver and it dont turn on?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Which red wire? The servo red power wire? The red wire that connects battery to ESC???

Give us specific details of what you mean by "connect". How have you tried to connect it? Did you already plug the servo in to the RX channel directly (no FC) and the ESC power cables to the battery (PCB)???

When you plug the RX servo to the FC - the way it would be to run the quad, is there power to the FC?

QuadrPR

The red cable is from the cables from fc to receiver. The cable is bad, the red dont have conductivity, is open, broke. Im going to pull out one of the ESC cable and connect it to the rx. I know that those cable have 5v because I test it. What happen if I connect the rx in the ESC cable (5v) and it dont turn on?