ESC do not arm all together

maxwelltub

I know this has been discussed somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer. What is going on when your ESC don't arm all together when you power up your MR. I am flying a X8 with wkm and Maytech 40 amps. I need to calibrate still and think this might be the issue but figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone could help me out.

philg

I had the same problem,3 of my esc`s armed at the same time but one was a second or two behind. It flew ok until the esc that armed last decide to spin at top rev`s while I was flying it. Well she came down like a lead ballon.
I changed over the slow arming esc and now she`s as good as gold.

Better to be safe than sorry.

maxwelltub

Thanks for the warning Phil. I have narrowed it down to M7 and M8. When the WKM is not powered they all seem to chime at once. I am running 5.26 i am going to try going back to 5.16 to see if that makes a difference.

maxwelltub

Ok new development. When I switch the servo leads, the lag always happens out of outputs 7&8. Seems to happen less often on firmware 5.16. Going to try switching out the main controller.

maxwelltub

Not the main controller. I notice if one of the ESCs is unplugged it doesn't happen. If they are all plugged in its F1 and F2 that have a slight delay on the arming. Any tips would be great.

maxwelltub

Calibrating the ESCs refers to setting the throttle end points. So for Maytech it works by setting one at a time. Plug the ESC into some sort of power source and the throttle channel of your RX. Power the ESC on with the TX at full throttle, wait for a beep, then take it down to lowest throttle point and wait for another series of beeps. That way each esc knows where the top and bottom is. There are better descriptions on youtube.