Will My Radio Work?

Hello All, I am building my first muti-rotor its a DJI F550. I am just wondering if the radio i have will be sufficient. I pulled out of the garage from my piles of RC stuff, its a SPEKTRUM DX6 and the receiver is a SPEKTRUM AR6000 2.4 GHz DSM. I had them installed in a fixed wing and they worked great. I just finished the build on the ARF kit and ordered the Naza M v2 with GPS. The build is coming along nicely, and I cant wait to fly this thing! Thanks for everyones help!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes sort of, the problem you will have is the programming needed to replace two three way switches, using a radio with two three way switches makes life much easier if you want to program all features.

Pete

That sucks the wife is going to kill me when i get a new radio!! What is a good radio to get? What would give me most bang for the buck? I also have a FUTABA T6EXHP out in the garage is that one any better?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The DX6i is probably a little better than the T6EXHP but both only have two way switches.

If you can find a used Futaba T8FG or T8FG Super updated to version 5.0 firmware they are probably the best radio out there for the price for MR's.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I picked up a used Furaba T8FG Super for one of my kids (27 years old, LOL) for around USD$160, great feature rich radio.

Pete

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Also be wary as that rx is only a park flyer rx not full range keep it in close
the range on the one I had many years ago with a Dx6 only had a range of about 200 to 300 mtrs in a rural enviroment on a good day

the fail safe is preset to low throttle on signal loss

Thanks guys i kinda figured it wasn't a full power radio. I have been looking for a used radio but cant really find any thing for a descent price, so going to break down and shell out the bucks for a new radio. This is the one i have been looking at http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVCP&P=0 I am pretty sure that it will be the last radio i will need in this lifetime but you never know. Thank you all for your replies!