Latest Flight testing of CARVEC Brushless Gimbal Controller & Photohigher AV200IDD

iceman

Aye up

You thought out about teaming up? / Co-oparative?

Thanks fo the link Dave, sorry I went off topic a bit but was just looking at your images and spotted the HDMI. Yes interested but don't want to go futher off topic so I'm sending you a PM ref the above. I'm also following this thread as I am also looking to upgrade my AV200 to BL

Cheers

Andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So been busy away from home as usual so don't get much time for fettling with stuff while we are on the road but I am home for the weekend and the weather is pants AGAIN so just put this together of the completed AV200IDD gimbal controlled by the Carvec system. A tad more tuning to do but the new tuning software makes it easy to flick between configs with the new testing mode which allows you to activate one or all three axis while on the bench or in a suspended flight simulation mode.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Excellent video as always Dave. I have the AV130 on an XM6. Is this workable on the AV130?

What Like this

attachment.php

JimM

Yes yes Yes... Wow, does this mean it's in development? Any idea of cost to convert the hardware from the standard servo 2 axis AV130 to a 2 axis brushless?
I already have the radian from John and will be applying the G-lock firmware update to it soon.
Thanks for your video postings They are always very interesting and informative. This solution really is superb!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yes yes Yes... Wow, does this mean it's in development? Any idea of cost to convert the hardware from the standard servo 2 axis AV130 to a 2 axis brushless?
I already have the radian from John and will be applying the G-lock firmware update to it soon.
Thanks for your video postings They are always very interesting and informative. This solution really is superb!

Yes I believe it is at design stage.. Its what I would really like to happen as with this and the CX730 my perfect work horse would be complete

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
SO THE MOST BORING VIDEO IN THE HISTORY OF MRF

But I just had to try it today coz I am going stir crazy and suffereing from cabin fever!

Wind was giving it LARGE combined with the tight flying space and weird wind tubulance I think the AV200IDD has done a good job. No doubt the experts will critic it.

Dave

JimM

Thats very good news. thanks. I can't wait to try it. I have the PJ-780. These sony's are an excellent camera platform for Aerial work!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
SO THE MOST BORING VIDEO ...

Now don't go assuming that just because I am responding that I am classifying myself as an 'expert' but ... I have to agree with you Dave. That is one BORING video!:highly_amused:

Except for the shot of you with rosy cheeks, crouching down freezing your nuts off and operating two transmitters.

EDIT:

On a more serious note, what is the weight of just the SJX4 (X8?) airframe with skids, i.e. without Camera Mount and LiPo's?

I will be interested to hear what you think of the DW retracts. I have found them to be annoyingly wobbly in the down position.

Hi!
Droider: First of all,congratulations for your work, it seams to be developing very nice!:encouragement:
I would really like to see a video with optimum shooting conditions,no wind etc.. with 7sec long travelling or tracking shots proving horizon lock and the same with tilt together with a few basic
gimbal input moves from tx. Just simple realistic shots. If you match that I'm in!!

Many thanks in advance!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
As soon as we get a decent day thats exactly what I plan to do..

Thanks for the comments

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am back in the country Sunday with two jobs booked monday and tuesday.. thank goodness for that.. fed up canceling work.. maybe Ill get chance to try it out again with warm sun on my back rather than spindrift down my collar!

Dave

PS will bell you next week about Co-Op.. I am up in North Yorkshire doing some stuff for NT where are you?

iceman

No prob Dave, I'm in Northumberland about 15 miles west of Newcastle. Some of N Yorkshire is only 90mins from here and I'm down in Teesside on Tuesday

Andy

Hi Droider!
Any Updates so far??
We are about to do some inversion and it would be nice to update that AV200 but need tha shooooooootss!
Regards,A

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Droider!
Any Updates so far??
We are about to do some inversion and it would be nice to update that AV200 but need tha shooooooootss!
Regards,A

Its all very nice on the bench and simulator. Just need more time and good weather to really show its potential.. Every weekend I look at the forecast and its frustrating not to get opportunities to fly. Then comes monday and weather perfect.. :-(

As soonas I get a good day I will be out and have some really interesting scenes to shoot..

Stay tuned

Dave