Another pesky Brit...

SkyDyno

Hi all

Just wanted to say that I, too, have taken the plunge and am now the proud owner of a DJI F550.

Purchased on Friday evening after work and taken home...

View attachment 16016

Saturday building (with the exception of a visit to friends) and Sunday morning....

[video]www.skydyno.co.uk/quad/First_flight.avi[/video]

Well happy with it. Awaiting GoPro and FPV gear. Spending my time getting use to flying it as is...

Nice forum. Looking forwards to watching some of the videos and learning where and what to do next...

:joyous:

Attachments

• Quad_bits.jpg
    Quad_bits.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 292

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Welcome to the addiction! Hope you find this forum as useful as I have. Lots of time to search and read through at the moment given the lousy GB weather! Your pilot looks spot on- a lot more sensible than some of the pilots I have seen posting stuff on Youtube and the like!

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyDyno

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Carapau - Douglas was bored and jumped at the chance for some excitement and volunteered for the position. Where you based - UK?

Carapau

North Yorkshire how about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carapau

Give me a buzz if you need any help, Im up at Scotch Corner and regularly head north. I also have a private flying site if you need a good safe area to fly in.

SkyDyno

Small world... I'm in Darlington. I'd love to take you up on your offer.. Be good to have a pro give it the once over. :)

SkyDyno

Thanks gringers.... I love building this sort of thing. A big part of it for me. Anyone wants a hand building, drop me a line.....

Douglas, the pilot, was a bit nervous to start with but seems to be enjoying himself now...

View attachment 16052

Attachments

• Douglas_v2.jpg
    Douglas_v2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:

SkyDyno

Douglas has taken a job share as cameraman now, as well. GoPro fitted... just waiting for the tx/rx to turn up...

View attachment 16317

Can't wait for some more decent weather to get some footage.... Woohoooo

Attachments

• GoPro1.jpg
    GoPro1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 348