NAZA/F550 build done..no joy...need help from experts

Zacksparw

All,

After suffering through a challenging build of a 550...still have some problems
1. connected/bound my fataba 8J to the receiver
2. updated/ran the firmware and the software assistant
3. noted my compass calibration was very high (over 100)
4. when I turn it on I get fast flashing yellow lights.

Im sure there is a simple way to fix this but it escapes me...
I was very happy when I finally built this thing but now it seem to not want to fly...any help would be greatly appreciated

Zacksparw

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That's a complicated question. Go back to the assistant and check everything is acting as it should. Know what is supposed to happen and make sure it does. It sounds like a setup thing but without more information I couldn't guess what. Let us know how it goes.

Zachsparw, I presume you're talking Naza V2? Are you sure you have the Receiver to Naza connections correct? In the assistant software do you have the Naza configured correctly? I.e. Traditional, vs DBUS, vs PPM. As I'm sure you're aware from the manual, the fast flashing yellow lights means the Naza connection to the Transmitter is lost, so I would start with that part of the Naza configuration.

Zacksparw

Ok we'll see what happens Im pretty sure the connections are correct...tansmitter: bus to x2 , nasa to x1...if needed I'll take a pic and let the experts see....Im assuming I should set the reciever to d BUS?. Im a college grad but this project was not easy, of course what worth having is.. lol, had to piece most of it together from DJIs scarce vids and Utube...there were lots of holes ...glad you folks are available.
Thanks
Zacksparw

Ok we'll see what happens Im pretty sure the connections are correct...tansmitter: bus to x2 , nasa to x1...if needed I'll take a pic and let the experts see....Im assuming I should set the reciever to d BUS?. Im a college grad but this project was not easy, of course what worth having is.. lol, had to piece most of it together from DJIs scarce vids and Utube...there were lots of holes ...glad you folks are available.
Thanks
Zacksparw
I'm not understanding the "bus to x2 , nasa to x1" part. Also, what receiver are you using?

Zacksparw

I'm not understanding the "bus to x2 , nasa to x1" part. Also, what receiver are you using?

Im using a Futuba 8J transmitter and what i mean by bus to x2 and nasa to x1:

the transmitter inputs:

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxx
where xxx(bottom row)=cbus

so xxx is connected to x2 on the nasa(I'm thinking this could be the problem )

x5 x4 x3 x2 x1
x x x x x
x x x x x =nasa inputs
x x x x x

should I connect the transmitter differently to the nasa? Strangely the software picks up my stick movement.... I dont know what the problem is.

Zacksparw

Zacksparw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 421

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I am having this problem with my Naza V1 and I’m a pretty experienced guy. I end up re-calibrating the compass and ity goes into the proper mode.
My V1 will not hold calibration... I HATE DJI.

Im using a Futuba 8J transmitter and what i mean by bus to x2 and nasa to x1:

the transmitter inputs:

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxx
where xxx(bottom row)=cbus

so xxx is connected to x2 on the nasa(I'm thinking this could be the problem )

x5 x4 x3 x2 x1
x x x x x
x x x x x =nasa inputs
x x x x x

should I connect the transmitter differently to the nasa? Strangely the software picks up my stick movement.... I dont know what the problem is.

Zacksparw
Zachsparw, it looks like you do have it connected up correctly, both from your description, and the photo. And, as you said, your stick movement is showing in the software assistant. So the next question that comes to mind is if you see all the Naza channels responding in the assistant software? Again, I am simply keying off the fact you stated you only see fast flashing yellow. (If it was red/yellow I'd say to look I to compass issues.). On my Naza it will flash yellow when my transmitter is setup for a different configuration that doesn't have all the channels setup properly. That's why I'm suggesting confirming that all 7 channels are coming in fine and displayed in the Assist. SW.

Zacksparw

Ok so after you bind the futaba 8j to the receiver what other steps do you take .. If any to make sure the nasa knows it's communicating with the futaba transmitter?

Ok so after you bind the futaba 8j to the receiver what other steps do you take .. If any to make sure the nasa knows it's communicating with the futaba transmitter?
Since you said you see the stick movement in the assistant software, that indicated your binding and physical connection is good.
So the next thing is to ensure your transmitter is outputting channels 1 thru 7 and that they are mapped to sticks and switches correctly. So from the main Assist SW page that shows you all the sliders, make sure you can control all the Naza inputs with the transmitter. Obviously you have your main 4 stick inputs, U (for Naza mode), X1 and X2. U would be a critical one ensuring your three-way switch properly moves the slider into the three modes (which are displayed on the bottom edge of the screen).
Does that make sense? Hope that helps. Keep us posted on questions and your progress.

It's easy to show hate towards a product when it's not working for you but trust me DJI is the best in the Biz. I would recommend this as I had this issue before and mine was from a rushed build, not saying that's yours! :)

1. Hook up to the PC and redo it all from the beginning. Calibrate TX and all.
2. Leave it hooked to the PC and do a Basic calibration, then immediately after do an advanced calibration.
3. Recalibrate the compass module in a remote part of your yard/parking lot etc. (I had one GPS that had to literally be taken out to a field and calibrated then had zero problems)

Let me know how that works!