Alexmos IMU

Macsgrafs

Hi guys,
I am mounting the IMU on the side of my camera with the wires at the top, I'm having problems setting the correct axis in the software...in other words what is X,Y & Z axis :(
I'm sure I saw a video explaining this, but I can't seem to find it...does anyone know what axis is what when the IMU is mounted on its side with the wires at the top???

Regards
Ross

DennyR

If you see any cross axis interference it is because the accel. calib. was not done correctly. The 3 axis boards work very well but you may get a slight drift on the Z heading over time. Needs a mag....

If you cant get the front to line up with the model PM me and I'll explain a way to fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Many, many thanks for the replies guys & the video was just what I was after....knew I had seen it somewhere. Managed to get it sorted last night after power of deduction ;)
Denny, I am sure it doesn't line up properly...so any info would be reall appreciated mate.

Again, many thanks gents, really appreciated

Ross

DennyR

This is for the follow mode function. OK, after you have done your calibration as shown on the Alexmos site you should end up with the camera facing straight forward not looking up or down. It may want to immediately drift to the left or right as it tries to find one of several pre set positions. It is made this way because it does not have a magnetometer so Alexsey uses some presets to reference the front as a baseline when you are in follow mode. If when you are in follow mode you have an offset then determine how much it is. Lets say it is 6 deg off center, then with the yaw offset control on the GUI Follow page, set that number. Then power off the controller and restart. If it turns the wrong way then use the opposite +or- value. If you are using an RC signal to drive the yaw then just use the RC trimmer in the GUI or the Tx.
Hope that helps...

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

This is for the follow mode function. OK, after you have done your calibration as shown on the Alexmos site you should end up with the camera facing straight forward not looking up or down. It may want to immediately drift to the left or right as it tries to find one of several pre set positions. It is made this way because it does not have a magnetometer so Alexsey uses some presets to reference the front as a baseline when you are in follow mode. If when you are in follow mode you have an offset then determine how much it is. Lets say it is 6 deg off center, then with the yaw offset control on the GUI Follow page, set that number. Then power off the controller and restart. If it turns the wrong way then use the opposite +or- value. If you are using an RC signal to drive the yaw then just use the RC trimmer in the GUI or the Tx.
Hope that helps...

Thanks Denny,

Took it out today & had a heavy drop from about 5ft up...legs didn't even get chance to come down before hitting the deck with the gimble...nothing hurtv except my ego ;)
Then when I tried to get the legs to go back up I connected a lipo the wrong way around :( 2 dead 4s 4000ma lipos later I came home.