Phantom TX Signal Lost - Blinks Yellow Continuously

GTiPilot

Hi,

I have a Phantom and haven't even been able to fly it once since new!

The yellow light blinks continuously.

When connected to the computer it can't find the transmitter.

I have gone through the advanced setup linking the phantom and transmitter and all works fine.

when powered on, there is no red light inside indicating the two are connected and when I turn off the transmitter, the red light inside comes on indicating there is no programmed Tx and it extinguishes as soon as the Tx is turned on again.

I have been unable to do anything with it, cannot enter compass calibration etc or start motors, I've even left it for 30 min and tried the bumping it on the head trick I read on here.

I have emailed my place of purchase and DJI directly with no reply from either, this has been going on for a month.

If someone has any ideas, please help.

Cheers,

Scott

GTiPilot

If anyone can please help me or give idea that would be greatly appreciated :)

I havn't got a reply back from the seller or DJI and at the moment its an expensive paperweight :(

Cheers,

Scott

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That means your transmitter is not bound to the RX.(At least that is what the yellow lights mean) I don’t have a phantom, but i would try to bind the TX.
possibly something happened where yours is not bound.

I found this:

Last edited by a moderator:

almphoto

I seem to have the same problem. But if I plug and unplug the battery, it will eventually connect. I added the upgrade board, Zemuse, and the 5.8 Wireless Video TX. It seem to start after that.

metalmasher

I am also getting the rapped yellow signaling a loss in Tx. It started when i upgraded the motherboard. I have successfully bound the radio with the steps in the video, but is still giving me the yellow signal. like GTiPilot l my transmitter shows the light when radio is turned off, and vise versa, so i know it is communicating. The computer says it is in Failsafe mode. could that be the reason it is not working?

chipwich

I'm assuming Phantom I. If you have the upgrade board, the bind button is just inside the battery door, right hand side roof of the compartment. You can feel it with your finger and see it if you take a peak inside. That's much better than having to remove the top cover as you do without the board. The bind light is also visible there too. As OneStopRC said, also check your switches to make sure that you are not in Failsafe mode, but that really does sound like your TX and RX are not bound. If you upgraded to the latest f/w, which you should, chances are that you need to bind your RX/TX again.

kullyflower

Also check the Rx type is set to the proper choice. That will also cause the issue.

I'm totally new to the Phantom, and had the same problem as the original poster. This solution worked for me, although I'm such a newbie that I didn't understand it at first.

What's happening is this: I updated the firmware, and, as suggested, downloaded the "Phantom Default Configuration Parameters" from the dji website. When I load them, it changes the "Receiver Type" from D-Bus to PPM. Changing it back to D-Bus makes everything work, and suddenly moving the control sticks actually registers in the software.

To be clear for other newbies like me: I'm talking about a setting in the NAZA-M V2 software: Attach the craft with the USB cable, click "Basic" at the top, select the "RC" tab, and then change the Receiver Type below.

Hope that helps.

vanzki

lost transmission mid flight? autolanding sequence kicks in all the time (annoying!!!!)?
TURN OFF the RECEIVER ADVANCE PROTECTION found in the RC tab in the computer software. EASY!
What does it do? Turns on the autolanding sequence if your controller isn't centered. Specially to controllers that has been dropped a couple of times and no matter how you calibrate it you always end up not centering it. But I dont think it does alot of harm turning this feature off. That's me by the way. I was almost convinced that my phantom was broken! Not until I found this today. Now i'm back to flying my baby everyday anyday. Cheers!