Opinion on this package?

cootertwo

http://www.helipal.com/storm-drone-6-gps-flying-platform.html

Hi all, I started with an AR Drone 2.0, then went to a DJI Phantom, then bought an Aerosky 500 hex. Got the hex flying OK, but want GPS. After looking at all the options, I found the package listed above. A nice looking hex, with naza lite, and transmitter, complete, already setup and tested $658, but will cost another $75 shipping to USA. So what do you guys think? Seems like a deal if you look at the price of the naza lite alone. Opinions appreciated. BTW, I'm 64, have nitro planes and copters, but really like this electric stuff!:highly_amused:

cootertwo

OK, just found a Naza lite kit from quadrocopter.com for $208.00 seems like a deal, so I ordered it for my 550 hex. Might as well get it "right" instead of ordering a whole new hex. (I guess)

Razzil

Here is a comparison between the different Naza versions ... link here

My opinion would be to purchase the Naza-M V2 GPS Combo, although it does cost a little bit more.
If you ever wanted to use the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, Bluetooth module, iOSD, etc... you can .. whereas you can't with the Lite !!!

There is a member on here (hdworld) that sells new hardware at a considerable price.
He's also over on RCGroups.com and has it listed for $355 shipped ...

Its an option to think about

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Also I’m convinced the “lite” is for 450mm size quads and under. It was horrible on a 700mm quad I have. plugged in a Naza V1 running 4.0 and it was rock solid.
The Lite uses a firmware that is many revisions old, and long ago the Naza hated larger frames.

i would def suggest getting a Naza V1 or V2 instead of the lite.

cootertwo

Thanks for all the advice. I'm still fighting the learning curve. There's quite a bit to learn, with this new stuff. Compared to my old radios and nitro stuff. I'm retired, and havin fun!