Transmitter questions/assistance

AUsome

I don't have anything to fly yet, except for a little Nano QX. But, I have a "real" MC coming...thought I'd learn a bit about flying on the Nano until the "real" MC arrives. I went ahead and bought a Spektrum DX8 TX in anticipation of the MC from 3D Robotics. But, I feel the TX manual is really lacking. It seems to me that it assumes that anyone using it will have prior experience. It certainly leaves me more confused, than educated, so I will be having to learn in other ways. But, a couple of items that would help. First, this has 8 channels, and I have seen a reference made in the Nano manual referencing "channel 6". I have no idea which of the switches belong to channel 1, or channel 8, or any channel in between. The manual does not address any of the switches by number, just function.
So, when something refers to a channel by number, how can I determine which this relates to on my TX?

The second issue: When I watch videos of people flying their MCs, they often will put the MC into armed or disarmed mode by a sequence of movements of the throttle/rudder stick or aileron/elevator stick. I also see the arming/disarming shown on AndroPilot or DronePlanner, but I have no idea how (or IF) I can use my Spektrum to do this (I sure don't see anything in the manual).

If anyone can help...or just point me at a good source for learning about transmitters (or even R/C in general)...something suitable for a true newbie.

Cheers.

Rob

breezyjr

It sounds like you have ZERO experience flying, other than the qx...

I would recommend, finding some you-tube videos on the DX8, to find out about setup.. The arming thing you won't find in the manual of the DX8 because it only refers to Multi rotors. Regular helis and planes do not use a start up sequence. And, to start, say the Naza, you have to move the stick to the corners.. Either both down and in, or both Down and out.

I like using Helifreak.com for help with newbie questions... It is set up in such a way to make everything easy to find... If you want info on the DX8, Try here... http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101 that is the direct link to the spectrum 2.4ghz radio help section... That, and You tube should help you figure out your radio...

Good luck, and be safe!

FlyGirl

I don't have anything to fly yet, except for a little Nano QX. But, I have a "real" MC coming...thought I'd learn a bit about flying on the Nano until the "real" MC arrives. I went ahead and bought a Spektrum DX8 TX in anticipation of the MC from 3D Robotics. But, I feel the TX manual is really lacking. It seems to me that it assumes that anyone using it will have prior experience. It certainly leaves me more confused, than educated, so I will be having to learn in other ways. But, a couple of items that would help. First, this has 8 channels, and I have seen a reference made in the Nano manual referencing "channel 6". I have no idea which of the switches belong to channel 1, or channel 8, or any channel in between. The manual does not address any of the switches by number, just function.
So, when something refers to a channel by number, how can I determine which this relates to on my TX?

The second issue: When I watch videos of people flying their MCs, they often will put the MC into armed or disarmed mode by a sequence of movements of the throttle/rudder stick or aileron/elevator stick. I also see the arming/disarming shown on AndroPilot or DronePlanner, but I have no idea how (or IF) I can use my Spektrum to do this (I sure don't see anything in the manual).

If anyone can help...or just point me at a good source for learning about transmitters (or even R/C in general)...something suitable for a true newbie.

Cheers.

Rob

Hi Rob :) The lower channels like elevator, aileron, rudder, throttle all pertain to the sticks. All the upper channels can be assigned to a switch function. This vid should help....

Don't sweat the arming.... As Breez said, the arming sequence is set up by the flight controller not the transmitter and receiver. :)

Last edited by a moderator: