BNUC-s vs. RPQ-s?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
No probs Gary. The offer stands. Would love to meet up if you have time. PS - Just to entice you, this is my place:
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! What a spot looks lovely, would be silly not to drop in ;-) Still bolting down stuff here but it looks like I will fly to the UK first week of December at the minute.

AlanR

Nice house, shame I didn't see this as I have just finished the ground school today, and I highly recommend it, got through by the skin of my teeth, it was tough, preparation is the key, and I think i was unprepared as to the knowledge required, lots more work for me to do to get through the flight assessment, but as they say, if its easy everyone would be at it :)

AlanR

Hi Gary, Please dont worry about it, like I said, its difficult (in my opinion) as It should be, the guys there are outstanding in how they deliver the course, friendly and helpful, make sure you do your homework, I am a relative newcomer to all of this, so your level of general aviation knowledge will probably be higher than mine, i dont know, just dont take it for granted, enjoy it, its a course thats full knowledge that has opened my eyes, and now its up to me to improve on the bits that let me down,, hope you enjoy it, you will :)

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Has the RPQs been going long enough yet for people to need renewals? I'm wondering if they faff, dither and delay stuff like the BNUC people do? I have three separate people working with me, 2 renewing one new, that have been waiting almost two months to get their BNUC sorted, largly because of trivial corrections in their Ops Manual being rerquested, then resubmitting and waiting 15 days only to have their manual sent back with futher changes, one was a spelling mistake that hadn't been added to the amendment log. If the RPQs quys are more organised we're seriously considering swapping over by next year, even if it means paying the money all over again.

Benjamin Kenobi

It's been going since August, so no! George Duncan has been out of the office quite a bit this last month so we've all been waiting a while. Yes, that's right, there's only one person that deals with our certification stuff...

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I spoke to two different people at the CAA when I renewed my Permission for Aerial Work this year, both very helpful and sorted it in a week or so. Then two months later when my BNUC was due (I had permission before BNUC etc so they fall on different dates, something else that seemed to confuse BNUC) it's been like wading though treacle. They don't even need to send anything to the CAA, I already did that myself in July... then there's my colleague who waited two months, thinking everything was proceeding nicely, only to find out they hadn't sent his stuff off to the CAA yet... then they decided he needed to make more corrections (spelling mistakes) to his Ops Manual, corrections they hadn't spotted the first three times they already sent it back, so he still has no idea when it's going to be sorted. In effect he will be losing in exccess of a quarter of a year's income just waiting for it to be sorted. He's had to turn down 3 jobs in the last month. Another colleague has decided to just go on holiday so Spain rather than twiddle his thumbs at home. It's probably not true, but it feels like they don't appreciate that some of us aren't rich enough to spend a fortune on equipment and qualifications then sit back and wait 3 months for admin issues. They just seem a bit disorganized in this regard. Maybe we've just been a bit unlucky and everyone else is fine? I'm just wondering if the RPQ-S people might be more sympathetic and timely in dealing with admin stuff.

Benjamin Kenobi

I just got my certification from the CAA. It took two weeks. ResourceUAS sorted it all out and even made the suggested corrections to my ops manual for me, how awesome is that! Apparently I'm the first one to go through the whole process with ResourceUAS and they're treating me as a guinea pig. First I've heard about it! There's been quite a few students before me so don't know why I'm the first to 'go through the whole process'?

Excellent experience from beginning to end. They gave me a really personal service too. There was lots of one on one and they replied to my emails within minutes, even evenings and weekends. And I sent a lot of stupid emails asking lots of minor questions! They've signed up so many more students they've taken on extra staff to deal with the requests.

Re-certification is a different thing. A few people have been waiting a while apparently for the CAA to get back to them. Don't know why.

Macsgrafs

I spoke to two different people at the CAA when I renewed my Permission for Aerial Work this year, both very helpful and sorted it in a week or so. Then two months later when my BNUC was due (I had permission before BNUC etc so they fall on different dates, something else that seemed to confuse BNUC) it's been like wading though treacle. They don't even need to send anything to the CAA, I already did that myself in July... then there's my colleague who waited two months, thinking everything was proceeding nicely, only to find out they hadn't sent his stuff off to the CAA yet... then they decided he needed to make more corrections (spelling mistakes) to his Ops Manual, corrections they hadn't spotted the first three times they already sent it back, so he still has no idea when it's going to be sorted. In effect he will be losing in exccess of a quarter of a year's income just waiting for it to be sorted. He's had to turn down 3 jobs in the last month. Another colleague has decided to just go on holiday so Spain rather than twiddle his thumbs at home. It's probably not true, but it feels like they don't appreciate that some of us aren't rich enough to spend a fortune on equipment and qualifications then sit back and wait 3 months for admin issues. They just seem a bit disorganized in this regard. Maybe we've just been a bit unlucky and everyone else is fine? I'm just wondering if the RPQ-S people might be more sympathetic and timely in dealing with admin stuff.

Tell you friend to send them a fee schedule, charging them £100 per day until they get it sorted, watch them move then.

Macsgrafs

I can't see that working somehow, or have you tried it? :)

Yes many times.
EXAMPLE: I phoned BT with internet problems, they told me to unscrew the main socket & connect straight in, I told them there would be a charge of £50 for doing this as I have already paid for an engineer in my bill...line rental etc. When the bill for the 1/4 came through they had forgot to take off my £50...1 phone call later & £50 deducted. It doesn't matter who or what, you can charge as long as you send a recoded delivery letter informing them of it before hand.
The banks are best, send your bank a letter telling them if they naff up it will cost them £50 per mistake..a mistake you have to put right for them & they pay without even being asked. It's al commerce my friend. The CAA have ORDERS...now tell me if you go into a restaurant & place an order what happens? You get your food...they have filled their part of the order, now you have to fill yours...by paying the bill. So if the CAA give an order, give them a bill. If a judge makes an order, give him a bill & if he refuses to pay, send him an N1 form & claim...don't forget to add on your expenses for the day £5000 per day or part thereof for court appearance plus travelling.
Magistrates courts are revenue collection only, they only deal with commerce & not LAW...ask any magistrate & he will tell you "If it's NOT LEGAL, then it doesn't come in"..it's all about knowing the difference between lawful & legal.

If you want to know more on this & how easy, just search youtube for "White Rabbit Education". Does a man or woman have to pay TAX??? Answer is NO! There is no law that says you do.

Ross

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Yeah, we were discussing the possibility of complaining to the CAA about the BNUC admin just yesterday. It's a less scary scenario now there's a second option for qualification.

Macsgrafs

Yeah, we were discussing the possibility of complaining to the CAA about the BNUC admin just yesterday. It's a less scary scenario now there's a second option for qualification.

I'm so glad I haven't had to pay for these lot, seems far to expensive for what it is.

Well it's great there is competition now, I know that an entire country has dropped BNUC but I cannot tell you where. The UK is still moving towards PPL(U) and CPL(U)