Need some help with calibration

I have a DJI F450 kit with a Turnigy 9X running ER9X firmware. I'm having trouble getting my quad to fly. I think I need to calibrate my transmitter but I don't know how to go about doing that. Here are the symtoms:

1. Max throttle appears to be when the left stick is at the bottom and Minimum throttle is with the left stick at the top.
2. With the throttle stick in the center, and while holding the quad in one hand, I can tell that the 2 and 4 motors are producing thrust downward. Motors 1 and 3 do not appear to produce thrust at all either up or down. They are spinning but appear to be spinning significantly slower than the 2 and 4 motors.
3. When I put the quad on a flat, smooth surface and give it half throttle, it is wanting to spin counter-clockwise. Full throttle (left stick all the way down) just makes it spin faster.
3. With the quad on a flat, smooth surface, if I move the right stick (I don't remember which way), the quad will completely flip upside down.
Below is a screen shot of my Naza M Lite software assistant.

View attachment 13848

Finally, according to the Naza M Lite manual, I have the channels wired as:

Channel 1 to A
Channel 2 to E
Channel 3 to T
Channel 4 to R

But when I look at the mixer settings on the transmitter, I'm wondering if I have channels 1 and 4 reversed? On the ER9X mixer settings, it has R and A swapped. All of the channels are at 100% from what I can tell.

I don't even know where to begin to get the quad / transmitter calibrated, or even what questions to ask.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 205

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
You should not have mixing at the transmitter.

Go back and check that you have the ESC's connected into the correct Naza port.

Check that motor are turning correct direction, do this with props removed.

Pete

tstrike

pendejo grande
In your picture down at the control mode switch, the arrow should be under the blue box that is hi-lighted. Have you set up any of your endpoints in your radio?

bensid54

Your radio setting are all wrong. Watch the sliders as you move your sticks, first off it sounds like your throttle channel needs to be reversed on your radio. With your quad hooked to your computer watch the sliders 1 If your radio is mode 2 when you move your left stick up from bottom to top the slider should move from left to right. 2 When you move your left stick from side to side the slider should move in the same direction you move your sticks if it's opposite reverse your radio servo setting for that channel. 3 Elevator is the right stick in the up and down direction, as you move the stick up the slider should move to the right as you move it down the slider should move to the left when you let the stick go it should go to centre on the slider. 4 Aileron is side to side on right stick if you move the stick to the right the slider will move to the right and visa versa. One more thing make sure you have the correct configuration for your quad because there are choices and you need to make the correct one then check your motor direction with the props off to see if you have things set up right. Go from there and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for the feedback guys. Very helpful. PeteDee, my 1 and 3 motors were spinning the wrong direction, so I swapped 2 wires on each. I was able to get the quad flying after doing that. Yee-haw! However, my control sticks are still not right. So, my first few flights didn't go so well. tstrike, I only have 4 channels hooked up right now. I don't have anything plugged into the "U" port on the Naza since I'm not sure what channel that should go to. As for the endpoints, I'm not sure what those are, so I probably haven't done anything with those! LOL! bensid54, I'll follow your directions, and see what happens. If the channel(s) are reversed, can use the "Norm / Rev" buttons on the software to fix it, or do I have change it on the transmitter?

Thank you again for the help. I really appreciate it!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Just fix it in the software, do a mouse over on the controls and it will tell you which way it should go.

Pete

Finally got everything set up!! Thank you for all the responses. I used the software to reverse the necessary channels and also had to physically swap the cables between the receiver and naza for the elevator and aileron channels. Now to practice my flying skills! Thank you again for the help!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
We do expect a report back on how it is all going, once you can drag yourself away from the flying.

Pete