Tiger-Motors U8 + 28x9,2 props

FerdinandK

.., just testing for a local store how softdrinks could be delivered in the future using drones :D

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

No, still the GEBattery GEB8043125-cell (LiPo) is in the lead. It is a 6S8P which is 6S48000mAh with 4,2kg.

And this particular battery is already more than 2 years old and has more than 15 cycles, so with a "fresh" pack there still might be better results.

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

6,1kg (4,2kg battery 1,9kgcopter)
20160110_030004.jpg

in this picture I still found some gr to remove ...
best regards
Ferdinand

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
No, still the GEBattery GEB8043125-cell (LiPo) is in the lead. It is a 6S8P which is 6S48000mAh with 4,2kg.

And this particular battery is already more than 2 years old and has more than 15 cycles, so with a "fresh" pack there still might be better results.

best regards
Ferdinand

Those aren't even available anymore are they?

I've got a helicopter I'm working on designed for work (not endurance tests) that is flying 50 minutes with 1kg payload, so far my best distance is 40km. That's using Turnigy Multistar batteries. So could go quite a bit further with higher energy density.

SamaraMedia

It looks like the NAZA is mounted off center, does that give you any trouble? Couldn't detect any issues from your flight video. Where you stashing the 30amp ecs's, under the red tape on the arms, inside the arms or in the centerplate? Don't see much room in the CP so guessing on the arms under the tape.

FerdinandK

The Naza is off center, and no problems so far, but compared to the size of the copter it is not far off center. You are right, the escs are under the red heatshrink.

best regards
Ferdinand

SamaraMedia

Thanks,

What's the motor to motor size? Got to be pretty big, over 1200mm diagonally? Didn't see a length posted on the video.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
The cells are in these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ght_8S_12000mAh_2C_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack.html

50min is a bit on the limit for these cells.

best regards
Ferdinand

Ah, interesting, but if I used the same weight of battery, I'd have more capacity, and therefore C-rate would be lower.

I hadn't seen those before, never looked at 8S batteries. I've been using the 10C rated ones (which is wrong, they're like 3C, they puff above 5C). But it seems like they're discontinued.

I'm actually getting GensAce Tattu Plus batteries. They're not real high density, but this is going to be a commercial product. I like the hard shell. They look really professional.

FerdinandK

The frame has 120cm, Motor 2 Motor should be 114cm

I am also using the Tattu for standard applications.

best regards
Feridnand

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Regular Tattu, or Tattu Plus? How are they? I've not used them yet, arriving next week. Damn expensive so they better be good.

FerdinandK

I have only tattu, which I have to admit are not of the quality I was used to from Gensace before.
I have e.g. 4packs of 6S7000 which give me only 5300-5500mAh useable, packs have only a few cycles and already feel "soft". As a comparison I also have now more than three years old gensace 4S12500 packs which still give me 12000mAh useable and these packs are still "in shape" and have even better nominal energy density.

To me batteries is a bit similar to roulette.

best regards
Ferdinand