Hoverfly Big Boy Setup Questions

kloner

Aerial DP
good luck. When i played with this on a small airframe i had both 5.8 drop out pretty fast and together. just be prepared for it. I'd go fly los and have somebody watch the monitors then start into flying fpv.

sk8brd

hey guys got a question regarding topics on this thread. been trying to figure out how this is possible... here's the scenario- i'm tying to set up a rig as dual operator variant. craft operator needs to see from zen output and from flight cam with video switch--no biggie as you could run two separate vtx's or feed video inputs into iosdmk2...ive seen setups though with the gimbal operator having zen feed only and the craft operator has zen feed and flight cam feed. i wanna make it so the gimbal guy does not have to see telemetry provide by iosdmk2 nor me flipping through the two cams just a constant zen feed... i guess i would need to split the video out of the zen gcu but don't know how thats possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

hey guys got a question regarding topics on this thread. been trying to figure out how this is possible... here's the scenario- i'm tying to set up a rig as dual operator variant. craft operator needs to see from zen output and from flight cam with video switch--no biggie as you could run two separate vtx's or feed video inputs into iosdmk2...ive seen setups though with the gimbal operator having zen feed only and the craft operator has zen feed and flight cam feed. i wanna make it so the gimbal guy does not have to see telemetry provide by iosdmk2 nor me flipping through the two cams just a constant zen feed... i guess i would need to split the video out of the zen gcu but don't know how thats possible?
Yes, that is totally doable... in fact, that's what I will be doing this month. My plan is to split the Zen output, feed one directly to the camera operator's feed, and the other through the iOSD to feed the pilot. Then also feed the flight camera into the other iOSD video input, allowing the pilot to switch between the video sources.

thanks pro pilot..do you know how your going to actually split it, i imagine this would this work better then just splicing into the video out cable from gcu? http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1041
I'm just splitting the video signal... i.e. soldering the two wires together. These are high-impedance outputs, so no need for any fancy circuit, not that it would hurt to use the one you pointed to. I guess I can't claim success since I haven't wired it yet, but I don't expect any complications.

sk8brd

honestly i would rather do it the way you mentioned without buying another thing even though its not too expensive all this equipment adds up fast..lol just wasn't sure if the video quality would hold up splicing into it..if you get yours done soon and if you don't mind posting an update to this thread with the results that would be great. i'm in the middle of a build and no where near that point yet but wanted to figure everything out before hand. Thanks again for your help!