XAircraft SuperX

Hey guys I'm sorry to hear about Xaircrafts Customer service, its really sad that they make a great product and decide they don't want to help out after the fact. Not to change the subject, but I just had a question for you guys.

My heavy lift X8 if flying very good with the help from you guys on here! Thank You very much. One issue I'm having is when flying forward mid stick (Altitude lock) the copter drops altitude by quite a bit, even when flying slow. I have my height gain set at .9 and was curious if increasing the gain would help hold height when flying forward?

Thank You in advance!

Av8Chuck

Hey guys I'm sorry to hear about Xaircrafts Customer service, its really sad that they make a great product and decide they don't want to help out after the fact. Not to change the subject, but I just had a question for you guys.

My heavy lift X8 if flying very good with the help from you guys on here! Thank You very much. One issue I'm having is when flying forward mid stick (Altitude lock) the copter drops altitude by quite a bit, even when flying slow. I have my height gain set at .9 and was curious if increasing the gain would help hold height when flying forward?

Thank You in advance!

On my Y6 with 475KV motors, 15" props running on 6S my gains are at 1.4. Obviously everyone's idea of stability, mission and comfort are different so there's not a one size fits all, but if when your in GPS its solid in position but doesn't hold altitude well then I'd start upping the gain. If it gets too twitchy you can always lower it. Also how well does it fly in manual?

I'm convinced that Xaircraft could give a crap less about anything but the Asian market. It's pretty much "take the money and run" for the rest of the world.

I'm not sure how much they care about the Asian market. This is probably a cultural difference, people in Asia have very different expectations when it comes to support, they expect whatever product they purchase to just work, if it doesn't they go and get one that does. The vote with their checkbook. For the most part the SuperX works great as a primary flight controller so most Asian customers are probably happy with that.

Here in the US we tend to be early adapters of technology and not only do we expect the product to work we expect constant updates and improvements. In fact many would like it better if it mostly works and we can customize it a little to make it our own. So you have to ask yourself which customer would you rather have?Any support I received regarding the SuperX was from Drew at XAircraft America and I believe other god quality support was from XAircraft Australia, I have not experienced nor have I seen much evidence of XAircraft supporting their products directly or on this forum, there's nothing wrong if that's how they choose to support their products, except when the dealers themselves move onto other products because their customers want more functionality than the initial product offers. I'm not saying that's what's happening, its just one explanation for the change in perception of their support.

If you've been around this hobby for a while you begin to recognize a pattern, the product is launched to great fanfare, initial reports are good but not great, then the fanboys take over deflecting any and all issues then the manufacturer starts to drink the kool-aid that the fanboys ginned up and everything slowly comes to a halt. For people where the controller works they keep using it until something catastrophic happens and then when its time to build a new MR they start evaluating what's currently available and more often than not switch to something that has progressed beyond where the SuperX was when they first purchased it.

I currently have six SuperX's and like them a lot but I can certainly understand why people are becoming disillusioned with the lack of support or product updates. But then again I also collect old cars...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hey guys I'm sorry to hear about Xaircrafts Customer service, its really sad that they make a great product and decide they don't want to help out after the fact.

That is just so wrong! The first port of call is the dealer who sold the item not the manufacturer, like motor cars the dealer has the responsibility for customer satisfaction.

There have been many reported issues where XA the manufacturer have stepped in when the dealer has not performed, but XA must allow the dealer time to fulfil it's obligations.

X

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
David, if you read back the posts that prompted the response you quoted, you would see that this issue is something that had already been taken up by xaircraft. It was the company itself responding (or not). So the retailer is out of the loop at this point. Regardless, is it your impression that the retailer is going to be doing repairs to a mechanically defective unit? I have not heard of this here in the states (drew, buddyrc nor CNC heli) . It seemed to me any interaction with retailers here would strictly be as a middleman for getting the product back to xaircraft for serious repair - if that's what was called for. So unlike automobiles, the actual nuts and bolts are in fact being handled by the primary manufacturer, not the dealer.

Is it impossible for you to concede that at some point xaircraft needs to take the reigns and stand behind a product that is faulty? If 1 out of 500 units is defective, that's a great track record. But for the person stuck holding the 1 unit - serious drag.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Is it impossible for you to concede that at some point xaircraft needs to take the reigns and stand behind a product that is faulty? If 1 out of 500 units is defective, that's a great track record. But for the person stuck holding the 1 unit - serious drag.

Nope! I totally agree with what you write however, and this is the problem in dealing with HK companies and not local suppliers in order to save maybe a dollar!

And I think we are mixing 2 different users here, My response is to the JusticeXD post, the post from tahoelight seems too subjective for me XA have the unit back have investigated and determined it to be user error, the user disagrees with this, not an uncommon stance no matter what the equipment, the two parties need to fight it out, we haven't see the hardware so how can we judge who is right and wrong?

Forget the car analogy, lets talk TV's, normally if you get the TV home and it is broken too soon you go back to the retailer he then assess if it is truly broken and not customer abuse and takes the unit back for replacement or repair, ultimately it goes back to the manufacturer, the manufacturer accepts it based on what the dealer tells them.

From what I understand of this matter the dealer CNChelicopter (or whatever) didn't respond certainly didn't accept the unit back and couldn't advise the manufacturer of any fault! so the manufacturer is flying blind when the customers contacts them, if they accept the unit back out of the dealer network they set a precedent where they could have users sending equipment back from all over the world bypassing dealer and their responsibility that they get paid for, yes they should force the dealer into the loop. And yes maybe more force being applied may force XA to take the unit back at the customers cost so a proper investigation can be made.

And that's all I'm saying.

X

Last edited by a moderator:

Has the original retailer been no help?

Yes, they took it back and did what they could to inspect it, but then sent it to The manufacturer for me. BuddyRC was great.
As for the condition of the unit, if you looked at it, it would look brand new. They will not send it back to me until I pay. It's been 10 months, why not pressure them a bit more to get them to buck up the the Warranty.

Av8Chuck

Yes, they took it back and did what they could to inspect it, but then sent it to The manufacturer for me. BuddyRC was great.
As for the condition of the unit, if you looked at it, it would look brand new. They will not send it back to me until I pay. It's been 10 months, why not pressure them a bit more to get them to buck up the the Warranty.

They offer a product that costs less than $500, if you ignore the R&D costs for a moment, the cost of goods sold is probably less than $50. There's little to no margin for resellers, yet they do what they can to help, probably mostly to protect their own reputations. If you send your original controller back to them, if they can't repair it it doesn't cost them that much to replace it so you'd think they might offer to replace it at cost.

But the fact that they don't is surprising, they're willing to call their customers liars. Also, that's your controller, they should not hold it ransom, if they told you in advance what it was going to cost to repair and you authorized the repair that's one thing but if you didn't, its your property and they are stealing it from you.

Its truly unfortunate, Ed I know you'd like the SuperX, when it works its about the closest thing to HFPro with better GPS/position and altitude hold. Unless they're experiencing extremely hi returns, its just cheap insurance for them to replace any units that are disputed and count it as the cost of doing business. Most people are honest and aren't going to take the trouble to send the original controller back unless there's a problem and most people won't lie about whether they damaged it or not.

I do a lot of work with a company in Hong Kong and its taken two years to get them to understand how to do business in the States. Two saying I've starting using as a result of this experience: 1. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach and those that can't do either, do social media. 2.We live in a World where everyone knows how to do everything but very few have actually done anything.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I just heard the word "xAircraft" mentioned for the first time (for me that is) by [MENTION=292]Av8Chuck[/MENTION]; in a different thread in this forum, and thought I'd drop over here to read some threads. Man, this is one of the most interesting threads I've read so far on multirotorforums and that's saying a lot because there are TONS of useful and interesting threads here.

Thanks everyone!

Ti@goo

Can you please enlighten me. Does the SuperX has any safety features to when a motor fails, in a X8 for example, like the wookong?

dazzab

Can you please enlighten me. Does the SuperX has any safety features to when a motor fails, in a X8 for example, like the wookong?
I'm not sure but I've always thought that the ability to operate with a motor out was more a function of the design than the code in the flight controller. I've never seen any mention in DJI documentation about anything special for X8 safety. Although I have heard that they have special code for a hexa to recover better than a standard hex. Regardless, I'd be very surprised if the SuperX would be bothered by a single motor failure on an octo. Anyone know for sure?

ary

I 've experience 1 esc burn during flight with Super X. Medium Y6 config. 1 esc short circuit also burn 1 motor, lot of smoke
no effect in stability during flight, no panic, landing safely. I believe it will do the same with X8.
Make sure you are flying with below 65% of thrust

Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question, Im getting some forward flight oscillation in my vulcan x8. Would lowering the pitch gain in the basic gui help with this?

Thank You

Av8Chuck

What are your gains set to in the GUI and what are the gains on your TX set to in the flight that it oscillated? All of these are different so I'm only pointing this out as an example of how I deal with this.

On my Y6: KDE 475KV motors, 15" props, 6S with an AUW ~14lbs, it hovers at about 45% I have the gains in the GUI set to 1.4 on everything and the gains on my transmitter set to 0. Its wound a little tight, which means in calm air and forward flight of 5mph its very responsive and stable. If I fly more aggressively of there's gusting wind I sometimes have to lower the gain on the Tx. On a Y6 its really easy to see this, it wags its tail and I just lower the gain until it stops.

I could lower the gains in the GUI so its not so much on the edge but since it is so easy to see when this is happening and it hasn't effected the video I've decided to keep it this way. Keep in mind I have less than 20 flight on this setup, I'm still testing to see how I might improve on the overall build.

Thanks Chuck,

I will try lowering the tx gain from 20% down a bit and see if theres a difference. I can't see much oscillation, but you can definitely here it and see it on the gimbal. Thanks for you input, I will continue to update my progress on this bird.

If anyone else out there in the SuperX world is running an X8 please share your gains, Im not going to change from the SuperX, don't trust other FC's.

Thanks Again,

questech

1) waypoints are coming
2) Hexa+, M1 or M4 can fail and gave redundancy, Hexa X, M3 or M6 can fail and have redundancy, and Octo, and motor can fail and you can still fly home.
3) if you have OSD, you can use that for voltage monitoring.
4) POI is also coming. Good news people.

WOW if we knew then what we know now.....

Naterpin

Nic is a great guy down in Australia. Some of those claims were fed to him from XA. But the POI and way points were not good enough for release "I guess".
But using X650Mouse logic why listen to anybody.

Zirt57

And who was/is nicwilke ? any person could claim many things, and some do! the new MiniX has had many claims made, but no claims make it true or even a statement from the manufacturer.

X

Nic, like myself, was a test pilot for XAircraft and was feed much information on what was coming.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Unlike yourself who is a only a builder for a dealer who likes to lie to clients and hang-up on them when he gets caught.

Ooo, bet you didn't know I knew that!

Jeff

You really must stop smoking that stuff! and making allegations that have no truth only leads you to a credibility problem.

On the record, I don't build, repair, advise or anything else for any RC dealer, I have no interaction with any owner, user and or operator of any RC aircraft other than the members of a local RC club I belong to. and of course this and other forums, but I would be delighted to see any lie you believe I have either verbally made or written, I'm sure nothing will be forthcoming from your befuddled memory or research so I will clearly state here that your assertion and the lie you have made, must make everything else you write suspect and lacking credibility.

X