Tarot 2D Gimbal and Futaba T14SG

iflynavy

Hello All.

I have a Futaba T14SG that controls my quad via a reciever connected to the NAZA. I'm having trouble getting the Tilt control of the Tarot 2D to work the way I would like.

I'd like to plug it right into the Futaba and control it via the RD or TD dial, however no matter what I do I don't get any control of the gimbal when it's direct.

If I connect to it through the Naza I can control it, however the dial when moved requires a move back to center to hold position vice being set once it reaches position on the dial.

Can anyone help?

Cameraj

I use s buss on my futaba, and I gave up my remote gain for gimbal tilt, I turned off the compensation in naza and only use the naza for the pass through, I'm wondering if you use s buss can you plunge into the receiver for cam trigger etc

iflynavy

Camera J

What do you mean you turned off Compensation? I have mine plugged into F2 Like an SBUS Config, White to S Red to + and Black to - is that how you have yours?

I like it so far... I am just hoping to be able to control it :)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Hello All.

I have a Futaba T14SG that controls my quad via a reciever connected to the NAZA. I'm having trouble getting the Tilt control of the Tarot 2D to work the way I would like.

I'd like to plug it right into the Futaba and control it via the RD or TD dial, however no matter what I do I don't get any control of the gimbal when it's direct.

If I connect to it through the Naza I can control it, however the dial when moved requires a move back to center to hold position vice being set once it reaches position on the dial.

Can anyone help?

If you are using a control board like the Simple BGC then that is how it works and there is no way around that until it is supported in the firmware, I use a Simple BGC board on my brushless gimbal and that is the one thing that I would like added in a future revision of firmware.

Pete

iflynavy

Cable From the naza x2 to the gimbal board,

CameraJ

See attached, I'm guessing mine isn't SBUS but a typical reciever connection. How could i use the open 8 port on the Futaba? I could find how to program the LD dial to that channel.

View attachment 12959

Attachments

• 20130726_155540.jpg
    20130726_155540.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 349

Cameraj

I only use the one plug that goes to the naza , works great and use the gimbal controller in naza to connect to the Alexmoss board for tilt

Maverick

CameraJ

See attached, I'm guessing mine isn't SBUS but a typical reciever connection. How could i use the open 8 port on the Futaba? I could find how to program the LD dial to that channel.

View attachment 16438

iflynavy, did you get sorted...? I have done mine the way you were asking, and could help you out if you're still struggling...?

Mav.

I'm having a similar issue, I don't seem to have a cable that goes from naza or rx to the tiny input on the tarot board. Where do you find such a cable? my gimbal didn't come with any extras.

Maverick

I'm having a similar issue, I don't seem to have a cable that goes from naza or rx to the tiny input on the tarot board. Where do you find such a cable? my gimbal didn't come with any extras.

The tiny inputs on the Tarot board are for : motors x 2 + sensor. Your servo plug leads from Rx go to the top side of the control board into the larger ports. C, T, + R.