XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

dstul

You need to fly it! it is not like a plane or glider or even a helicopter for that matter, you are not going to be a 100ft in the air and move your thrust stick to zero..... well if you do you won't have a X650 for long, you are going to reduce thrust gradually and the vehicle is going to descend under power until it lands, or if you want just hit RTH and it will land by itself.

Go and get some air time learn how multi rotor vehicle work

X

Thanx David
Probably you are right. Ι will take some flight time and I will write down my conclusions here

Thanx again

Dimitris

CrashMaster

Thanx David
Probably you are right. Ι will take some flight time and I will write down my conclusions here

Thanx again

Dimitris

Unfortunately it is a bit of a leap of faith. If all goes well no problem if it all goes bad it can be an expensive learning curve - many give up at this point but those who persevere are rewarded........

Good luck. But make sure you have a good GPS lock before take off if the worst happens hit RTH and it will return on its own and land.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Oh come on! surely he is intelligent enough to know he is TESTING motor shut down, lift off hover 1 meter land should do it without any damage.

X

CrashMaster

Oh come on! surely he is intelligent enough to know he is TESTING motor shut down, lift off hover 1 meter land should do it without any damage.

X
I don't know his experience in RC flight. Being an old lag at this every inaugural flight is a test: expecting the worst and hoping for the best. As with any new model or mode of flight the first flight can be nail bighting. Spending hours checking and re-checking then pulling the throttle is a leap of faith. However, experience really does teach....

dstul

I don't know his experience in RC flight. Being an old lag at this every inaugural flight is a test: expecting the worst and hoping for the best. As with any new model or mode of flight the first flight can be nail bighting. Spending hours checking and re-checking then pulling the throttle is a leap of faith. However, experience really does teach....
I have a 15 year experience in rc flight but it is in airplanes only. So this will be something for me.

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9100 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

Glass half empty huh!

X

dstul

Hello everyone

Reading the threads and by the limited search I did, it is not clear to me. Do I need to calibrate the stoc esc's of the X650Pro? When the esc's are connected to the SuperX I get a huge dead band at the lower end of the stick travel which makes the motors stop just below the stick's mid position. When I connect the esc's individual on my receiver they have a dead band at both ends of the stick travel. I assume that it is not safe to fly with such a big dead band on the lower side of the stick travel. Finally if I need to calibrate the esc's haow should I do it. There is not any available information about those particular esc's and how to use them.

Thank you in advance for any help :)
So the answer from the the Xaircract suport in China is that "in this case you have to adjust the End-point on your transmitter". Ok.. let' s see...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
So the answer from the the Xaircract suport in China is that "in this case you have to adjust the End-point on your transmitter". Ok.. let' s see...

Well if you really believe that.... go for it, if skquad reads this he will tell you the danger of trying to calibrate the stock Xaircraft ESCs' connected to SuperX.

Clearly I can't assist you any longer so over to somebody else

X

skquad

Well if you really believe that.... go for it, if skquad reads this he will tell you the danger of trying to calibrate the stock Xaircraft ESCs' connected to SuperX.

Clearly I can't assist you any longer so over to somebody else

X

Spot on. Do NOT re-calibrate the stock Xaircraft ESC's. They are great as they are. I did mine by accident (I was on autopilot when tired) and had to re do them 6 times before they were right again - a lot of frustration in between.

dstul

I have no intention to do that. The support guy says to adjust the transmitter and not the ESC's. I posted that just for info.

dstul

After the few first flights with my new X650 Pro I am very pleased with the aircraft' s and SuperX performance. Flying on stock props and having not figure out yet the correct gain values (I am flying with all gains value 1 and I am making adjustments from my transmitter) I still have some vibration issues that I am trying to work out. But overall I find the X650Pro platform very solid. It is an aircraft that gives you the confidence to fly it. This is my first multirotor all the rest of my experience (18 years) in on fixed wing airplanes. This is the log file of my last flight for anyone that might be interested.
http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_07_06_035726.000_41.1.08.49

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
What Flight Time do you typical get with this set up while filming?

I have 6 batteries the flight time ranges from 12 to 16 minutes, it also depends on how much time is spent climbing as this requires more power thus depletion time.

X

Moph

Hi all

Great thread - lots of helpful information in here. I'm thinking about putting together a light'ish quad for AP (mix of hobby use and occasional work-related use). I like the specs and performance of the X650 Pro but am keen on HD FPV via DJI Lightbridge. I'm toying with the idea of a build per the following specs:

- XAircraft X650 Pro frame
- XAircraft 30A ESCs w/ T-Motors 3110 800KV (X650 Pro power kit)
- T-Motor 12x4 CF props
- DJI WK-M or A2 (must be DJI to interface with Lightbridge; not considering Naza due to flyaway issues)
- DJI Lightbridge (incl. control RX/TX + video RX/TX + OSD)
- DJI H3-3D gimbal
- GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
- Futuba 14sg (total overkill as Lightbridge does the TX via trainer cable, but can use it for other models in future)
- Samsung S4 display (possibly a 10" Android tablet later)

Also need UBECs, brackets for mounting Lightbridge + phone on TX, 4S batteries, etc that I would need to research further. This is my first quad so I'm really jumping in at the deep end ... my prior experience is with light planes / gliders and small helis.

Any suggestions or comments re the specs? It's an exxy build and feels like overkill in many ways, but I'm trying to build a stable flight platform with decent run time (around 15 mins, climbing to no more than 100m) and HD video link.

@X650Mouse Seems you're also based in Australia. Any recommendations for Australian stores/distributors, or do you buy your gear in from OS? I'm based in Perth.

skquad

Hi all

Great thread - lots of helpful information in here. I'm thinking about putting together a light'ish quad for AP (mix of hobby use and occasional work-related use). I like the specs and performance of the X650 Pro but am keen on HD FPV via DJI Lightbridge. I'm toying with the idea of a build per the following specs:

- XAircraft X650 Pro frame
- XAircraft 30A ESCs w/ T-Motors 3110 800KV (X650 Pro power kit)
- T-Motor 12x4 CF props
- DJI WK-M or A2 (must be DJI to interface with Lightbridge; not considering Naza due to flyaway issues)
- DJI Lightbridge (incl. control RX/TX + video RX/TX + OSD)
- DJI H3-3D gimbal
- GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
- Futuba 14sg (total overkill as Lightbridge does the TX via trainer cable, but can use it for other models in future)
- Samsung S4 display (possibly a 10" Android tablet later)

Also need UBECs, brackets for mounting Lightbridge + phone on TX, 4S batteries, etc that I would need to research further. This is my first quad so I'm really jumping in at the deep end ... my prior experience is with light planes / gliders and small helis.

Any suggestions or comments re the specs? It's an exxy build and feels like overkill in many ways, but I'm trying to build a stable flight platform with decent run time (around 15 mins, climbing to no more than 100m) and HD video link.

@X650Mouse Seems you're also based in Australia. Any recommendations for Australian stores/distributors, or do you buy your gear in from OS? I'm based in Perth.
That's a very decent build. I do recommend though that having not gluten multistage before you might be better served getting your very wet with something a little cheaper, learn to fly then move up to your final setup. Flying multis is very different.

You can get all your xaircraft and Futaba gear from the company direct. Just email international@xaircraft.com.au. Anthony Will sort you out. Although not here at the moment, he is based in Sydney. He's due back this week.

Moph

you might be better served getting your very wet with something a little cheaper, learn to fly then move up to your final setup. Flying multis is very different.
For sure :)

Will be buying AeroSim RC simulator to rack up some hours on the PC first, and will also purchase a second basic quad for training purposes. Not decided on what yet. May even go a second X650 Pro kit w/ SuperX controller. That gives me spares for the second machine when I inevitably crash the trainer, and also gives the data logging of the SuperX while I'm getting used to the machine.

I'm in no rush so I'll spend a few weeks researching before I commit to anything.