NAZA V2 Hardware hands on !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys got a NAZA V2 today and hope to have it up latest tomorrow for some tests.

Here some pics of the packaging and the components:

1_small.jpg

2_small.jpg

3_small.jpg

Obvious changes from the hardware and casing side:

PMU now offer the Can-bus plugs we know from the WKM. Standard one with the clip and flat can-bus plug.
Naza casing is transparent to the side. No clue whats behind that ! LED stand alone now with USB-connection
for the whole system.

Components :

View attachment 11535View attachment 11539View attachment 11536View attachment 11537View attachment 11538

Boris

Attachments

• P1010070.jpg
    P1010070.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 341
  • P1010069.jpg
    P1010069.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 357
  • P1010068.jpg
    P1010068.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 389
  • ESARTZ2.jpg
    ESARTZ2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 264
  • ESARTZ1.jpg
    ESARTZ1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Nice one! I had my first flight with Naza M and Upgrade to new FW right now, speechless about how fast and stable the Disco flys in GPS Mode now, even in descendings :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cool ! meme you have simonk ESCs or the standard DJI ? Wanted to test it straight with the UltraESC but i am having little issues at the moment !

Boris

meme

Standard DJI. Just uploading a Video, the Disco seems a Rocket now in GPS Mode compared to the older FW.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
How bright is the warning LED now?

Ill give you guys more infos tomorrow. My test setup wont work, so i will stick it into my CX and have a direct comparison to the old naza not updated though !

Boris

swisser

I upgraded the firmware in a V1 Naza and found no substantial difference in flight. The only really noticeable thing apart from different LED indications is the startup procedure, whereby the props spool up to idle speed on initiation of the sticks down and left command, but then remain at idle speed until the throttle is advanced well past half way. Given that I often hand launch depending on the camera I'm carrying it's a bit of a nuisance.

yakjock

Ill give you guys more infos tomorrow. My test setup wont work, so i will stick it into my CX and have a direct comparison to the old naza not updated though !

Boris
This looks good, does anyone know if the IOSD from the WKM will work & if the new PMU & LED are going to be upgrades for the original Naza....... its probably way too soon for the answers.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I thought the new PMU ran on Can bus?

The PMU is running on can-bus connected to the main controller via can-bus and acting as a can-bus hub for extra extensions like the IOSD !

It need power though from the main lipo just like with the WKM PMU to read the lipo voltage and for powering the BEC in it.

Boris

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The PMU is running on can-bus connected to the main controller via can-bus and acting as a can-bus hub for extra extensions like the IOSD !

It need power though from the main lipo just like with the WKM PMU to read the lipo voltage and for powering the BEC in it.

Boris

Yeah, that is what I though, I also thought Chris was wondering if you can fit the PMU on a V1... Maybe I read that wrong?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ah just got the info. Yes the PMU from the NAZA V2 will work with NAZA V1 Hardware. More infos tomorrow need some sleep :)

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

E

Empire Support 2

The way I read the new iOSD documentation (page 17, http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/iosd/en/iOSD_user_manual_v2.04_en.pdf), the V2 PMU can be connected to the Naza V1. In fact, in implies you need to use the PMU when hooking up the iOSD to the Naza (V1 or V2). Am I reading that incorrectly? If I'm correct, then how do you just get the PMU for the V1 Naza?

The PMU will work with the V1 and the manual shows how to connect the VU to use only as a LED and USB port. The iOSD will work with either the V1 or V2. You will have to wait for a while until support for the BT LED will be available. There are some slight differences in the MC and the GPS between the two versions. The internal dampening in the V2 has been improved and the GPS in the V2 is similar to the Phantom, meaning that it has a saw filter built in and is better at rejecting interference. Most users should get faster locks and less problems with video transmitters.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
The PMU will work with the V1 and the manual shows how to connect the VU to use only as a LED and USB port. The iOSD will work with either the V1 or V2. You will have to wait for a while until support for the BT LED will be available. There are some slight differences in the MC and the GPS between the two versions. The internal dampening in the V2 has been improved and the GPS in the V2 is similar to the Phantom, meaning that it has a saw filter built in and is better at rejecting interference. Most users should get faster locks and less problems with video transmitters.

Thanks, for clearing that up !

Additionally end of this month beginning next, there will be a bluetooth module and a App - Assistant ( like we know it for the WKM ).

Boris

ChrisViperM

The way I read the new iOSD documentation (page 17, http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/iosd/en/iOSD_user_manual_v2.04_en.pdf), the V2 PMU can be connected to the Naza V1. In fact, in implies you need to use the PMU when hooking up the iOSD to the Naza (V1 or V2). Am I reading that incorrectly? If I'm correct, then how do you just get the PMU for the V1 Naza?

You can get it here (although you sit in Iowa and the shop is in Europe):

http://www.kopterworx.com/New-prduct-in-Shop-May/View-all-products

It says "Preorder", but I am pretty sure they have it on stock already......

Yeah, that is what I though, I also thought Chris was wondering if you can fit the PMU on a V1... Maybe I read that wrong?

That was indeed my question, but I think this is cleared now.....just wanted to know if you can "mix-and-match" between V1 and V2. The new PMU makes sense if you want to hook up the iOSD (I use EzOSD and don't need iOSD) or/and the Bluetooth LED (once it comes).....

The really great thing is the new Assistant Software 2.10 with Firmware 3.10....great IMU calibration tool. The other positiv effect was that my EzUHF is working perfectly now. With the previous firmware it was almost impossible to get the sticks centered in the Assistant Tx calibration.....had to use sub-trim, shift center-points and so on....and than it changed the stick position at own will. Always had to cycle-power a few times before a flight to get it right....now it's flawless.

Chris

The internal dampening in the V2 has been improved and the GPS in the V2 is similar to the Phantom, meaning that it has a saw filter built in and is better at rejecting interference. Most users should get faster locks and less problems with video transmitters.

The max tilt angle of the Naza V2 is 35 degrees while on the Naza V1 is 45 degrees.

Looks like it will....

Functions:

[FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Manual Mode( user select Manual, Atti and Failsafe);[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Atti. Mode; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]GpsAtti.Mode; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Intelligent Orientation Control(CF)[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Microsoft YaHei,΢ÈíÑźÚ][FONT=Microsoft YaHei,΢ÈíÑźÚ][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Course lock/Home lock; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Enhanced Fail-Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Microsoft YaHei,΢ÈíÑźÚ][FONT=Microsoft YaHei,΢ÈíÑźÚ][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Landing / go home & landing; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Quad-rotor I, X; Hex-rotor I, V; Y, IY; Octo-rotor X, I, V; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Combination Stick Command to start; Immediately Mode and Intelligent Mode to stop; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Remote gain tuning;[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Two-axis gimbal supported, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Multi Gimbal Servo Output Frequency Supported[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]SupportNormal receiver, D-Bus Port support S-bus and PPMreceiver;[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Voltage Monitor and Low Voltage Protection; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]4 channels transmitter support; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Five-level Motor Idle Speed adjustable in Motor Mixer; [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]IMU Calibrationfunction;[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Support PMU extend module, could connect with IOSD, H3-D2 gimbal and Bluetooth module.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]What’s new?

[FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Firmware[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]New attitude stabilize algorithm, provides better flight performance;[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]New flight control feeling(takeoff is more stable and easy; flightwill be more smooth);[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Auto course error compensation;[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]