Canadian Multi Rotors Operators Association

The Dragon Flyer

Pilot, Cameraman and Tech
Hi Forum members,

We are proud to announce that the Canadian Multi Rotors Operators are teaming up in order to get a group insurance.
We need to know how many members the CMROA can reach for 2013.

Inviting all the pilots, cameramans and techs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Forum members,

We are proud to announce that the Canadian Multi Rotors Operators are teaming up in order to get a group insurance.
So our first step is to get as many people to join this Facebook Page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CMROA/452468254830150

Hi,

In the interest of community building would you be interested in having your organization hosted here in a dedicated sub-forum?

It's very possible that many of the people you are trying to attract are already members here.

Bart

W. Reimer

Hi Forum members,

So our first step is to get as many people to join this Facebook Page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CMROA/452468254830150

This is a great idea! I assume going forward that the organization will include some sort of Charter, Rules of performance/deportment, etc. to ensure that
at least in terms of the organization, there is an expectation from the Executive and fellow members that each member represent themselves & others professionally and safely at all times? Without it, it's not likely most insurance companies would even consider any sort of group discount.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
OK, your new sub-forum has been created. If someone would like to act as a moderator for this area I can set that up as well.

Regards,
Bart

papatango

This is a great idea! I assume going forward that the organization will include some sort of Charter, Rules of performance/deportment, etc. to ensure that
at least in terms of the organization, there is an expectation from the Executive and fellow members that each member represent themselves & others professionally and safely at all times? Without it, it's not likely most insurance companies would even consider any sort of group discount.

+1.

A little due diligence has shown that this "Association", is nothing more than a Facebook page with no credential or organization, whatsoever. Even the parent business, "The Dragonflyers" routes back to another Facebook page, touting Transport Canada logos, but they don't show up in TC records of approved operators.

Normally I wouldn't care, but when somebody "represents", they should at least have some experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dragon Flyer

Pilot, Cameraman and Tech
While nobody else has addressed the small multirotors pilots I decided to put my time in offering a place for pilots to join. I have worked endless hours to make this happen... And it is about to become an official association. For the moment it is only a Facebook page, but in the background the community has built up to great platform for all of us pilots. It all should be out by may, please come in and share your time and experience!

As per my qualifications, I have all the qualifications, courses and radio certification to fly COAS. The company I worked for refused to apply for COAS and I resigned, loosing a great job for convictions. Lately my compagny The Dragonflyers is in the makings (like most of us) and I spent more time building and fixing multirotors and gimbals... Calibrating flights require no COAS. I am pushing through this association less restrictive UAV regulations than TC is imposing to an industry that already is regulated properly under MAAC regulations. Just doing it for money makes us less qualified and require a new set of rules makes no sense!?!?

Lets work to build a solid community... we are not drones and when we shoot people, we get pictures!