Hoverfly trim change during flight

octocine

I've encountered a strange new phenomena. I've been flying the newest firmware for several weeks and all is well, but recently I am experiencing some drastic trim changes during a flight (in completely calm conditions). I can trim it out at the start of a flight and it hovers perfectly, but after one short flight I have to trim a DX8 about 8 clicks to make it hover again and I am almost at the limit of the elevator trim. Any ideas?

octocine

The trim change is occurring within the same flight, so nothing has changed on the helicopter. I have a precise method of attaching the batteries so they are in exactly the same place on each flight. I have 700 flights on this board and nothing like this has aver happened before.

Rasec

It seems that the HFP has its own life. I've been flying very well since it launched the firmware v.4.8, and the gain of the plate was 60%. In recent flights the aircraft began to vibrate (not made ​​any change in the aircraft) and had to reduce the gain to 34%.
I honestly was very disheartened by this.

octocine

Many flights later and trim is still changing during flight. I am working in the arctic, so the cold may be the problem. Temps around -5 F, but I have flown in the cold before and never experienced this effect.

yeehaanow

Does the trim change always happen in the same axis? Roll or pitch... If so I would suspect an esc/ motor, especially with 100's of flights.

octocine

Yes, the change always occurs in the pitch axis. I'll try to swap ESCs and motors and see if that eliminates the problem - thanks!