Zenmuse repair

modles

Nerdlinger
Yep good shout but have checked they are all seated correctly.

Keep the suggestions coming though!!!

meme

HI there,

you have to work on your dealers.
i have sent a faulty Naza to my dealer in Spain in mid january. He wrote me that he will come back to me when there are any News.
For now, no news, and the dealer didn't answers to my 2 emails i`ve sent him since then.
Really strange, as i was a good customer i think wit 3 Nazas, 1 Wookongs from DJI?

Just fyi,

following to this post i've got contacted from the Dealer AND DJI Europe who offered support. Thanks for that, really much appreciated.

-meme

modles

Nerdlinger
Great news perhaps DJI europe can help me out too?? I fear if this thing goes back to china I may never see it again!

DennyR

Special thanks to Ed Windham who kindly sent me a genuine DJI spare HDMI V2 unit. Thanks Ed. it just arrived.

DennyR

Great news perhaps DJI europe can help me out too?? I fear if this thing goes back to china I may never see it again!

That was the first place that I tried:upset:

If it goes back to China you will get all kinds of run around. Last time I did that, I did not see it for 5 months.

We need a proper service manual and a spare parts list.

Last edited by a moderator:

modles

Nerdlinger
So guys I'm going to attempt to fix this myself.

Here is a video of the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42Ol80txVU

You will notice 2 things.
1) When it comes to a 'level' on calibration, its not level its about 20 degrees off in both roll and pitch.
2) its spins out of control in roll axis.

I have just tried a firmware update on both IMU and GCU to check if they are ok (form a mcu perspective at least), and that was fine. I'm also assuming that the IMU is ok as the impact was fairly minor, and most damage came from the dust and grit I think.

Motors have been cleaned out and appear smooth and ok.

rotory encoders are cleaned but I have no reference to check against for mechanical feel.

Anyone have ideas to try?

ricardo

So guys I'm going to attempt to fix this myself.

Here is a video of the problem

Modles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42Ol80txVU

You will notice 2 things.
1) When it comes to a 'level' on calibration, its not level its about 20 degrees off in both roll and pitch.
2) its spins out of control in roll axis.

I have just tried a firmware update on both IMU and GCU to check if they are ok (form a mcu perspective at least), and that was fine. I'm also assuming that the IMU is ok as the impact was fairly minor, and most damage came from the dust and grit I think.

Motors have been cleaned out and appear smooth and ok.

rotory encoders are cleaned but I have no reference to check against for mechanical feel.

Anyone have ideas to try?

Modles,
my zen did exactly the same, I followed the same steps you did. Right now it is at DJI since mid february, 8 weeks waiting and no one can tell me when is going to be ready. Very frustrating. The only advice is, be patience and luck, we don't have options.
r.

modles

Nerdlinger
Hello

Ok bit of an update, Still thinking that the problem lied with the AMT102-V encoders, I swapped the encoders (they are identical) from the roll axis to the tilt axis. My theory was that if the problem was with the roll encoder, this problem would now exhibit on the tilt axis, seemed like a sensible test.

So I tried this and the spinning problem still existed on the roll axis only!

Seeing as the roll motor is controlled smoothly and precisely until the point when it centers (and then goes nuts), I don't think there is a problem with the motor controller.

So what does this leave? Ideas welcome!

Ben

DennyR

Maybe they will sell an upgrade kit. Ha Ha some hope of that..... They will expect you to by a new one.

h8tow8

Hi jetbootz,

Can you get me in touch w Terry at dji as well? I have issue w Zenmuse that I tried to explain here
Please pm me if possible.

Thank you sir

Serval

Well, 20 flights in and I had a motor fail on the s800. I flipped to Home lock mode thinking that it should just spin around and I could maintain reasonable control but not it just spun like crazy and hit the ground at a reasonable rate. All I can say is thats the last time I fly a hex with anything important under it.

I couldn't really give a crap about the broken s800, I was fed up with it's sloppy arms and vibration issues, but I was just hoping that the zenmuse would still be ok, it's not :(

On power up it just spins and shakes randomly. My guess is that the rotory encoders are damaged, as the motors appear ok.

Question is, what do I do, where do I send it to be repaired? I bought it from Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk (a personal sale)

Ben

Ben,
With your sloppy Arms, 20 flights and finally crash and Zenmuse failure.
Perhaps there is something wrong on S800, you don't believe ?
Check my posts and videos, you will more understand what happen.
If this is not a Pilot mistake, problem come from ....
You are not alone in this situation.

Sincerly.

meme

Just fyi,

following to this post i've got contacted from the Dealer AND DJI Europe who offered support. Thanks for that, really much appreciated.

-meme

+Fyi again, 4 weeks passed again, no Naza shown, the Dealer (ElectronicaRC DOES NOT ANSWER MY MAILS, why? ). I asked support to DJI agian...couple days ago, also there, nothing.... no answer...
The faulty Naza was sent in by mid of Januar, ElectronicaRC is great in selling and fast delivery, but completely useless in terms of Customer Service...
-
meme

h8tow8

Would you be interested in selling the broken Zenmuse?

Trying to get this Zenmuse repair authorized by DJI USA has been terrible experience, it's been super frustrating, feel like I own $3800 (incl tax) paper weight by not being able to film. Dealer told me DJI USA is NOT responding to his voicemail or emails and that they are somewhere in South America at the moment, who knows, bottom line is I'm sitting with broken Zenmuse.

PM me if you want to make me an offer for it, I suspect one of the motors are faulty since it's running hot. I'm getting tired of waiting on DJI.

Tks

h8tow8

Agree, my advice to folks here is to absolutely avoid spending a lot of money on DJI products. I cannot complain about the support because there is none! Look of forums in general how DJI treat their customers and then make decision if you're will to be among the many who spend thousands of dollars and then have little to no support. Even if DJI gets back to me it will likely take 2+ months to get it shipped to China for repair and receive it back, lesson learned.