Prospectors on the Weather Channel - Aerial Video by Got Aerial llc.

Hello All,

There is a new reality show coming out tomorrow (Tuesday 8pm) on the Weather Channel called "Prospectors" and we had the pleasure shooting aerial video for it.

Please dont harass me about operating a commercial business. If you have not done your research and contacted your local FAA rep then please do so before accusing me of anything. If you have any serious questions please pm me..

Im not quite sure what aerial shots made it to the show and youll have to tune in to find out (just like me) but what i do know is that we had an amazing 2 days of shooting and probably produced over an hour of aerial clips.

The shots range from flying over a 14,000ft Mt ridge. to flying nearly straight down the mountain while rocks were flying at the multi :censored::eek::confused: (you'll understand if they use the clip)

I have shot for a couple reality shows and can say that this one is legit. These people stake a claim on a mountain and work in probably the most dangerous, unpredictable conditions I have ever known (this is coming from a retired 82nd airborne infantryman 11C-2P). Basically what makes it so dangerous is the fact that they are working on a very steep slope with about 1000-2000ft of loose rock above them. Not to mention that there is no quick way to get anywhere. The drive is a 2hr 4x4trial that is probably the worst one I have ever been on. (my back spasms every time I hear the words Mt. Princeton)

Also I knew that if if my multi had a malfunction or crash while i was flying over the some of these places, there was no way i was even going to attempt to get it, nor was anyone else.

Needless to say everything went great and some amazing things were produced.

If you ever wanted to see how free money is made I suggest you tune in. I hope you enjoy the show and maybe ill see you on the mountain :cool:

Bill
Got Aerial llc.
www.gotaerial.com

View the full "Getting the Shot" at;
http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/prospectors/main
https://www.facebook.com/TWCProspectors

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you, that y6 was one of the best multis i have ever flown and it was made out of HomeDepot towel bar arms. I cant say for sure that the y6 offset config made it more stable but i can say that i built the exact same thing with a carbon core y6 (even cut down the arms to match the old length ) and i cant get it to match the performance.

I appreciate that Mat, thank you!

The job actually was one of the most demanding ive ever been on. 2hr horrible 4x4 trail to get to the top and once at 14,000ft I immediately started to feel unbalanced and almost had the onset of altitude sickness. (The only time i felt good was when i was flying) Not to mention pushing the limits of the range and the prospect (lol) of loosing my 6k+ ship and never getting it back.

Soooo fun is not quite how i would put it :black_eyed:

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
looks like pretty extreme conditions. Great job making it work

Was it all fpv or is it los flying?

Breezemont

That was great, Bill! I just stumbled across the teasers this AM and I have a buddy who's a miner so I thought I'd see what was up. When I saw the Y6 I was stoked!
I've ridden up there on my dirt bikes, it's not exactly paradise.
So is that chick hot, or what?

That was great, Bill! I just stumbled across the teasers this AM and I have a buddy who's a miner so I thought I'd see what was up. When I saw the Y6 I was stoked!
I've ridden up there on my dirt bikes, it's not exactly paradise.
So is that chick hot, or what?

Amanda is very attractive and probably more hard core them most of the guys on that mountain. From what I remember she is an xmodel with maybe 5kids

Photronix

Pilot
Really nice job promoting Aerial Robotics!

I would have landed on the TV tray launch pad but other than that WOW