Aeronavics / Droidworx Skyjib X4 motor mounts

RomanB

Hi guys, my first posting on here, even though I've been lurking in the shadows for a while now, learning as much as I can.

Im currently in the process of building a skyjib X4 and have run into a bit a problem trying to mount the KW10 motors on the supplied mounts. The motors are so wide they cover half the bolt that joins top and bottom mounts together making them impossible to tighten.

Just curious to see if anybody ran into similar problem and how they went about it. I know that droidworx have new coaxial mounts that give extra clearance but I'd like to see if I can make the old mounts work first.

Another question I had is should I leave in the rubber grommet and o-ring for the coaxial configuration? In the manual new mounts are used seemingly without the grommets and o-rings.

Roman

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I had a similar problem on a ADX3 build. Can you get to the head of the allen bolt with a ball end Key?

Who supplied the kit? did you get the motors and kit from the same supplier?

Dave

RomanB

How did you go about it Dave? Ill try the ball end key today but I doubt ill have much luck, half the bolt head is covered. I managed to tighten them somewhat by holding a flat head screwdriver in the allen bolt head and tightening the nut from underneath with pliers. Not ideal by any means.

Got the kit and motors from kopterworx. Matjez said he'd send me some photos of the way he mounts them on his machines but never did.

Roman

vip

On my HLE8 i had the same problem. The bolt is exposed in the middle, just grab it with vise grips.
that part of the threads are not used so flattening them a little does not matter in the exposed middle..

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The coaxial mounts are oval and you have plenty of room to access the nuts on kw10s. You have the standard mounts.

The new ones are..

Got the kit and motors from kopterworx. Matjez said he'd send me some photos of the way he mounts them on his machines but never did.

I would chase him up on this.

Also drop DW a line see if they will send you the latest design ones. You really need to be able to work on these easily especially when lining up props

Dave

droidworx

Hi Roman! Truly the best way to go is to get the new disks - they are made for this type engine in coax configuration... Send me a note on contact@droidworx.co.nz and we'll make arrangements to swap them out, no worries.

Sorry btw to you all I have been so absent from the forum... It has just been so busy I couldn't find the time - knowing of course that Dave would let us know if we needed to jump in (as he did now...). Thanks Dave! Good news though - Tom arrived last Monday from the UK to join our team. He has worked for us before so will be up to speed shortly, his main focus is customer service and technical support and will also come and join you here on the forum to offer support. You'll meet him here soon no doubt.

Cheers!
Linda

RomanB

Dave, just wondering how you line up the props using those bolts? Sorry if its a noob question....this is my first coaxial.

Tanks a million for that Linda, email on the way.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Its a case of making sure both props are perfectly flat to the ground. Use a really good ruler and check prop tips are all the same to the ground / work top. Adjusting the bolts on either side to get them perfect.

Dave

krleas

FPV Freak
How did you go about it Dave? Ill try the ball end key today but I doubt ill have much luck, half the bolt head is covered. I managed to tighten them somewhat by holding a flat head screwdriver in the allen bolt head and tightening the nut from underneath with pliers. Not ideal by any means.

Roman

I did send u pictures, maybe they were to large or check spam.
I will post them here.

krleas

FPV Freak
Its really not hard to mount them on original Skyjib plates, u just need to cut screws so they dont hit the motor, i even manage to moun 4120 axis.

View attachment 10361

Attachments

• tttt.jpg
    tttt.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 360

krleas

FPV Freak
The new ones are..

I would chase him up on this.

Also drop DW a line see if they will send you the latest design ones. You really need to be able to work on these easily especially when lining up props

Dave

Droider where is love?

xerofly

Hi Roman! Truly the best way to go is to get the new disks - they are made for this type engine in coax configuration... Send me a note on contact@droidworx.co.nz and we'll make arrangements to swap them out, no worries.

Sorry btw to you all I have been so absent from the forum... It has just been so busy I couldn't find the time - knowing of course that Dave would let us know if we needed to jump in (as he did now...). Thanks Dave! Good news though - Tom arrived last Monday from the UK to join our team. He has worked for us before so will be up to speed shortly, his main focus is customer service and technical support and will also come and join you here on the forum to offer support. You'll meet him here soon no doubt.

Cheers!
Linda

Hi Linda..I am in the process of building Co axial Iam using the regular 550mm Booms..would that be OK......which I received from you for a regular Octo Skyjib Version 2..with Herkules 3.... Thanks

droidworx

Hi Linda..I am in the process of building Co axial Iam using the regular 550mm Booms..would that be OK......which I received from you for a regular Octo Skyjib Version 2..with Herkules 3.... Thanks

Hi there! I'd say give it a go - it should be alright. The coaxial does have the advantage of being more compact, but this doesn't mean you can't use the longer booms. We'll introduce an option for a Heavy Lift X4 SkyJib which we will supply with 500mm booms, so your 540mm booms are only 4cm longer. I actually know of some people who have used the 540mm tubes (because they also converted from flat 8) and that all went very well. Let us know how you go!

Cheers,
Linda