Nab 2013****

ChrisViperM

Attachments

• greetings006_2.gif
    greetings006_2.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 550

Dewster

DJI looks pretty exciting. I like the Aluminum housing of their new WKM. It should make it bullet proof on bad crashes. I don't know how I would bind my radio with their built in receiver.

Im not to thrilled about folding props. I had one quad (old tech) that had a prop fold onto itself in high wind. It crashed. I guess you won't have to worry about your props breaking in flight.
I hope that these products lower the costs of DJI' s old inventory.

I may have to start selling $&@? to buy this new tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

I just want to know when those pet eaters in Shenzhen are going to supply spare parts for the Gimbals that already have sold.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
In all fairness thats 1 camera that is a PAS. This would let you put just a bout any camera on it. Right? Start buying all the v1 zenmuse out there Denny. Grab some bicycle handles. You can beat the chinese and the americans. :)

Electro 2

"By the time the FAA is done figuring out what to do, it may cost you $15,000 just to get a commercial UAV license in 2015" If all aircraft have to meet existing TSO standards, you can add a zero on the end of that figure of that for any licence-able multirotor. I saw this concept mentioned somewhere.

Dewster

"By the time the FAA is done figuring out what to do, it may cost you $15,000 just to get a commercial UAV license in 2015" If all aircraft have to meet existing TSO standards, you can add a zero on the end of that figure of that for any licence-able multirotor. I saw this concept mentioned somewhere.

i think the FAA should allow "commercial" use of multirotors that are under a certain weight class and operate no higher than ?? feet in populated areas, ?? feet in sparsely populated areas and operate under 400 feet in all other areas. Height limitations to reduce or avoid the amount of damage when craft just drops from the sky. Maybe implement a kill switch to avoid some of the fly aways that I read about on forums.

Maybe the FAA could certify the technology of flight systems like Hoverfly, and DJI for license free use of drones under a certain weight class. (Imagine FAA flight bulletins grounding flight systems Lol).

There are so many "drones" that it would be a nightmare trying to license every craft as air worthy. I think calling a multirotor a drone and comparing it with the image that pops in everyone's mind at the mention of a drone is ridiculous.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Any news from the DW stand?
Take it tstrike that is where you got that pic from.

Dave
Yes Dave, the hoverfly gimbal was in the DW booth (did DW and PH have a falling out or something?). I got my video but I'm not even going to bother posting it since there's really nothing that hasn't already been seen. Unlike last year where the vendors were excited and more than willing to tell their story, and MC's were looked at as more of a novelty, this year they were all being treated like rock stars.

Every time I went to the DW booth, Linda was busy opening a box or surrounded by tattooed young men. Hit the PH booth, Kimberly was busy getting shwag handed to him by someone or the other. Bump on over to the Freefly outside booth, same deal.
In fact I asked the guy at the outside FF booth if they planned to have any kind of upgrade or trade in program for the guys who just dropped a grand on radians, and I got shouted down by some ball licking dweeb fanboy who said "There's a place for both the movi and the radians and I can't wait to get the new system!". I told him I'd be pissed with a capital P if I just spent that much money in a system that's only been in the wild 7 months and is already outdated. Can you guess who the vendor started talking to?
Last year I left the show pumped, this year I left the show disheartened, I'll leave it at that.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I see the home hobby versions of the FF movie are already appearing https://vimeo.com/63919540 probably for a hell of a lot less too.

Hell of a lot less for sure :

Alexmos board, two rewound motors and the gimbal itself. doable with 300 to 400 $ max !

@tstrick obviously not having been there but just looking at the videos ! I feel the same it lost its magic somehow. The more it becomes a mass product the more i am motivated to support DIY projects !

Boris

.....fanboy who said "There's a place for both the movi and the radians and I can't wait to get the new system!". I told him I'd be pissed with a capital P if I just spent that much money in a system that's only been in the wild 7 months and is already outdated.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this one. I haven't bought the 3 axis gimbal and radians but I was just about to!! There is such a difference in the cost of the new and the 'old'. Can't afford either just now but I will in the near future. Do you think the 'old' is no longer relevant and will be quickly superceded? It will if the price changes but maybe not just at the moment. What to do?

tstrike

pendejo grande
If you're getting good quality footage from your current setup why make the investment? Image stabilization software will take care of
any shortfalls no? (and so ya know, image stab software is getting reeeeeeealy good)
It still comes down to flying skills, something I'm lacking in currently.

Last edited by a moderator: