Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Baja - Did you end up ordering your Herkules III from Kopterworx or Andreas?

I've been a lurker for some time now and following this closely recently. Im finally pulling the pin on a similar setup. Holding back on the gimbal for the moment to see what else pops up over the next few months, however the cinestar route (3-axis maybe second hand for the moment) will probably be the final piece of the rig. (Which begs the question... Do I buy my frame sans landing gear! what dilemmas there are in this game!)

Thanks, Cam

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Baja - Did you end up ordering your Herkules III from Kopterworx or Andreas?

I've been a lurker for some time now and following this closely recently. Im finally pulling the pin on a similar setup. Holding back on the gimbal for the moment to see what else pops up over the next few months, however the cinestar route (3-axis maybe second hand for the moment) will probably be the final piece of the rig. (Which begs the question... Do I buy my frame sans landing gear! what dilemmas there are in this game!)

Thanks, Cam

Hi BatCam, ordered the Herk direct from Andreas... It is still a beta test sample - Andreas is working on a top and bottom cover that will have battery and FC connections build in... I didn't want to wait so I signed up as a beta tester.

The SkyJib turned up 4 days ago but I have been away working - going to post some photos once I have opened the box!

baja-king

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 363

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Check everything off as per the parts list for each build section just in case there is out missing
Dave

baja-king

Well... I'm not happy. I have waited a month for this to turn up and after Dave's advise I checked the parts and the following are missing:

2506-0560 O-ring 1.5mm - 4 missing
2506-0140 Machine Screw M3x6mm - 6 missing
1205-0100 Engine Mount Bracket M4 Black - 1 missing
2505-0130 Machine Screw M3x8mm - 2 missing
2505-0140 Machine Screw M4x8mm - 2 missing
1406-0210 Landing gear skid L=360mm - 4 missing

I'm shocked...

The odd screw I could live with - but for parts like the landing gear skids and the O-rings from the gear rail to be missing - Come on Droidworx where is the quality control...

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bugger!

I know DW are working really hard on sorting this. I have made them aware of this post.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Again I know DW are really working on this.. Bloody hell they finally got a brit in there so things have to get better!

I aint making excuses but I guess the pressure to deliver / over QC is a real juggling act. I know it is a personal bug bear for Linda and Rob who are perfectionists, I guess getting it totally correct will be as big a challenge as their designs.

Bare with them. I know it aint what you expect but I am sure they will respond asap

dave

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzab

Same thing happened to me recently so looks like there really is an issue at DW. Having said that, I'm about to order my second bird (a little CX) from them as I'm so impressed with the SkyJib Lite and I haven't even built it yet. I also know an X4 owner and his copter is the highest quality of any rig I've ever seen. I'd say the company is probably suffering growing pains which is fine as long as the situation is addressed and fixed.

droidworx

Hi you all!

Ouch! Indeed - this is very bad... I am so sorry! This really hurts in many ways...

We are in the process of updating all build manuals - we have made some changes to parts that make some fittings obsolete. For example the 4x O-rings have become obsolete after adjusting the mounting bracket - this is why they are not in your pack. You naturally work of the build manual though - so assume they must be missing from the pack. We made it our highest priority to bring the build manuals up-to-date.

Regarding the rest of your list of missing items though I am at a loss. We have had so many come-backs lately and to be honest I don't know how it is possible. Every pack gets double checked with weight ranges and super-sensitive scales. Then every order gets double checked before it goes out.

This is procedure - but it is worth little of course when it is not followed. We have replaced three people recently, people who made continuous mistakes and did not care to consistently follow procedures. It is clear now to everyone there is no place at Droidworx for such people, however lovely characters they might be. These were tough decisions, but we as directors have to take responsibility otherwise soon everyone will be looking for a new job. We are acutely aware this is a fast moving industry with new parties entering the market space all the time - we cannot afford ourselves such carelessness - and would not want to either.

We have also put a system (back) in place that can trace mistakes back to the persons responsible. I had a good look at your pack but see it was picked for you before this new system was set in place (there are no coloured dots on the labels of the packs if I see it correctly). So I can't do anything other than send you your missing items the fastest possible way. If you contact me via contact@droidworx.co.nz we'll get this on the way for you.

Lastly - it is not so much as Dave suggested that we have a hard time keeping up with QC or other providers - we have had a hard time keeping up with our own growth and our forceful R&D department. We moved a little over a year ago to our current location in Raglan. We imagined to rent half of the 200 m2 of warehouse space + offices and to replace our then 4/5 staff with locals. Within the year we not only rented the whole warehouse space + offices, we also rented an adjoining workshop space and are about to move our media and R&D team this weekend to a third location since we ran out of space again. We are up to 17 people now - this does not include regular contractors. We are launching our new Titanium Series next week with some classy and functional additions/changes (all back-ward compatible of course) and are expanding our services portfolio. We are working with the NZ government (funded) on some tailored solutions and have been nominated for the prestigious New Zealand Innovation Export Awards.

This just to add a little positive note. A lot has gone wrong lately in terms of inaccurate and/or incomplete deliveries and we have been far too absent in the community such as here in the forums. But many good things have been - and are - happening too, and you will have the opportunity to benefit of this also. We are in the process of a BIG clean-out - ALL Bill Of Materials are being checked, as well as picking cards and build manuals. The crew is on sharp and every individual is accountable for any future mistakes if they would occur - and we will be tough. There are no mistakes if procedures are being followed, simple as that. We offer a very free and enjoyable working environment and look after our personnel very well in many ways, but there is no place for carelessness.

I am aware this is a very detailed and long response - I just felt to explain what's happening here in (to most) far-away New Zealand and to give a little insight in how we are resolving the issues. Also I would like to introduce you to Tom - he joined our team again recently after a break of a little over a year. He worked for us before and then continued his travels, ending up back in the UK. Tom is responsible for Customer Service an Technical Support and will be spending more time here in the forums also to connect up with you and to address any issues you might have.

Again our sincerest apologies - if anyone of you experiences any trouble please feel free to share this here, but please also contact us directly so we can help you resolve it. At least in everything single occasion our crew feels gutted and will go out of their way to get things right.

Many thanks as always for your support and endurance. We just returned from the NAB and have received much encouraging feed-back, confirming we are still in a leading position in terms of high-end solutions. We hope you allow us the opportunity to make up for our mistakes and keep bringing innovations for the industry to you.

Kindest regards,
Linda
Droidworx/Aeronavics

droidworx

Same thing happened to me recently so looks like there really is an issue at DW. Having said that, I'm about to order my second bird (a little CX) from them as I'm so impressed with the SkyJib Lite and I haven't even built it yet. I also know an X4 owner and his copter is the highest quality of any rig I've ever seen. I'd say the company is probably suffering growing pains which is fine as long as the situation is addressed and fixed.

Thank you dazzab - I just see your note. Indeed you are right - growing pains... thanks so much for your heads up. We are totally addressing the situation and are fixing it... Your new CX baby if you'd come to it will come in perfect order with some jazzy new bits!

Cheers,
Linda

Ps. Thanks to you all! Although we are dealing here with pretty disappointing stuff you are still keeping a friendly and forgiving tone. Not sure how we have come to deserve this but we are grateful.

Lanzar

Linda on multirotor :)
Just wanted to say hi from Kopterworx- Dejan

Hi you all!

Ouch! Indeed - this is very bad... I am so sorry! This really hurts in many ways...

We are in the process of updating all build manuals - we have made some changes to parts that make some fittings obsolete. For example the 4x O-rings have become obsolete after adjusting the mounting bracket - this is why they are not in your pack. You naturally work of the build manual though - so assume they must be missing from the pack. We made it our highest priority to bring the build manuals up-to-date.

Regarding the rest of your list of missing items though I am at a loss. We have had so many come-backs lately and to be honest I don't know how it is possible. Every pack gets double checked with weight ranges and super-sensitive scales. Then every order gets double checked before it goes out.

This is procedure - but it is worth little of course when it is not followed. We have replaced three people recently, people who made continuous mistakes and did not care to consistently follow procedures. It is clear now to everyone there is no place at Droidworx for such people, however lovely characters they might be. These were tough decisions, but we as directors have to take responsibility otherwise soon everyone will be looking for a new job. We are acutely aware this is a fast moving industry with new parties entering the market space all the time - we cannot afford ourselves such carelessness - and would not want to either.

We have also put a system (back) in place that can trace mistakes back to the persons responsible. I had a good look at your pack but see it was picked for you before this new system was set in place (there are no coloured dots on the labels of the packs if I see it correctly). So I can't do anything other than send you your missing items the fastest possible way. If you contact me via contact@droidworx.co.nz we'll get this on the way for you.

Lastly - it is not so much as Dave suggested that we have a hard time keeping up with QC or other providers - we have had a hard time keeping up with our own growth and our forceful R&D department. We moved a little over a year ago to our current location in Raglan. We imagined to rent half of the 200 m2 of warehouse space + offices and to replace our then 4/5 staff with locals. Within the year we not only rented the whole warehouse space + offices, we also rented an adjoining workshop space and are about to move our media and R&D team this weekend to a third location since we ran out of space again. We are up to 17 people now - this does not include regular contractors. We are launching our new Titanium Series next week with some classy and functional additions/changes (all back-ward compatible of course) and are expanding our services portfolio. We are working with the NZ government (funded) on some tailored solutions and have been nominated for the prestigious New Zealand Innovation Export Awards.

This just to add a little positive note. A lot has gone wrong lately in terms of inaccurate and/or incomplete deliveries and we have been far too absent in the community such as here in the forums. But many good things have been - and are - happening too, and you will have the opportunity to benefit of this also. We are in the process of a BIG clean-out - ALL Bill Of Materials are being checked, as well as picking cards and build manuals. The crew is on sharp and every individual is accountable for any future mistakes if they would occur - and we will be tough. There are no mistakes if procedures are being followed, simple as that. We offer a very free and enjoyable working environment and look after our personnel very well in many ways, but there is no place for carelessness.

I am aware this is a very detailed and long response - I just felt to explain what's happening here in (to most) far-away New Zealand and to give a little insight in how we are resolving the issues. Also I would like to introduce you to Tom - he joined our team again recently after a break of a little over a year. He worked for us before and then continued his travels, ending up back in the UK. Tom is responsible for Customer Service an Technical Support and will be spending more time here in the forums also to connect up with you and to address any issues you might have.

Again our sincerest apologies - if anyone of you experiences any trouble please feel free to share this here, but please also contact us directly so we can help you resolve it. At least in everything single occasion our crew feels gutted and will go out of their way to get things right.

Many thanks as always for your support and endurance. We just returned from the NAB and have received much encouraging feed-back, confirming we are still in a leading position in terms of high-end solutions. We hope you allow us the opportunity to make up for our mistakes and keep bringing innovations for the industry to you.

Kindest regards,
Linda
Droidworx/Aeronavics

SMP

THATS the kind of company I want to do business with. Honesty, Accountability. As the owner of two of your frames (Ad6/Skyjib) I appreciate your engineering expertise but as importantly I appreciate your candor and commitment to action. More companies would serve themselves well with similar business practices. Looking forward to continued business together.

baja-king

Hi Linda

Thanks for your swift response
I have emailed my details through and appreciate you taking care of this...

Best regards

Steve

Razzil

You pay a little more, but you get what you pay for imo ...
I'll always have a Droidworx frame or two. Mistakes happen and is understandable with a growing company.
Take the down time and ponder the wiring in your build ... what's your ideas for that?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ Dejan.. Why not set up your own profile.. Lanzar get enough credit on here!

@ Razzil, would love to visit NFL, only ever flown over it at zillions of feet on way to Canada or Seattle! Bet you got loads to shoot there with out pesky busybodies! OBTW +10 on the comment.
@ Steve hope this gets sorted ASAP. Be good to catch up some time, I ride at Cwm Carn sometimes.

Dave