Become A Model Aviation Mentor. Help Others In Our Sport!

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
We all love model aviation no matter what the form. Some like airplanes, some helis, others like multirotors, or RC cars and boats. No matter what you like to do, or if you like all of them in one form or another, we all had to learn that skill at one time. We were not born with knowing how to fly model aircraft or know how to build a foam or balsa plane.

I have come up with an idea that will make it easier to help others in this hobby. The idea is quite simple and it uses an online map program that is available to everyone.

This idea is great for AMA members because as you know, some folks may be intimidated by showing up at your local club unannounced and they may feel uncomfortable by all the people with expensive planes. This offers the AMA member a way to meet newcomers to the hobby and introduce them in a "non-threatening" atmosphere.

If you would like to volunteer to be a Model Aviation Mentor, just post in this thread and I can add you to our map. Your contact info can be anything you would like. I can link your blog page, or use a telephone number, or your email address. Anyone looking at the map will not know your exact location or address, they will just know what town you are in or what section of the city or county you are located in.

MA Mentors can volunteer to do many things. They can teach others how to fly, build airplanes, or helis, or quadcopters or whatever you choose. Forums are great, but they lack the personal one on one ability and real time interaction that we get working with people face to face. And as you know, looking at a PC screen is no substitute for a real person.

Here is a link to our map page: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=217789731333754300750.0004d59fa6f42a3de34bc

If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread. And thank you in advance for wanting help others in our sport.

Frank

Can add me! Put me in Waterbury, CT
I can help with airplanes, helis, and quad flight instruction, building, etc.
Contact - everything AT cousinlarry DO T com

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
I was asked to start including clubs on our MA Mentors map. If you would like to include your club on our map, just let me know and please tell me how your members would like to help such as intro pilots or can assist with maiden flights or building and I will add your club name, location and contact info to our map.

modelaviationmentors.jpg

Thanks,

Frank

PS Map link: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=217789731333754300750.0004d59fa6f42a3de34bc

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
We are up to 74 volunteers already! My goal is to get to 100 by Sunday. Can you guys get the word out to anyone you think that may be interested in volunteering? I would appreciate that!

Frank

WinstonSalem/Greensboro/High Point/Hickory/Burlington/Lexington North Carolina.

Don't ask me to be a member of AMA, however. When they are willing to show as much zeal in the favour of Multi/fpv pilots as they do for the Park Puppies....then I'll consider joining.

...sT

kloner

Aerial DP
the ama clubs around here have alot of active multi pilots, tons of these little dji rigs now,,,, but they are also into fpv..... ama kinda fpv, but none the less. one of the guys there was the one that wrote the ama fpv guidelines

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
WinstonSalem/Greensboro/High Point/Hickory/Burlington/Lexington North Carolina.

Don't ask me to be a member of AMA, however. When they are willing to show as much zeal in the favour of Multi/fpv pilots as they do for the Park Puppies....then I'll consider joining.

...sT

Got it, thanks! AMA membership is not required. Matter of fact, I am guessing there are twice as many RC pilots that are not in the AMA that are members. No reason to include non-AMA members in this project.

But on the flip side, the AMA is running a series of multirotor articles in their MA magazine. Everything from the very basics on up. There is a lot of interest in MRs.

Thanks again,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

FerdinandK

I would like to become a mentor for Multicopter in Eggenburg Austria

What information do you need exactly?

best regards

Ferdinand

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
I would like to become a mentor for Multicopter in Eggenburg Austria

What information do you need exactly?

best regards

Ferdinand

Thanks for volunteering! I just need how you would like to help. Such as flight instructor for (insert model types/s) and if you want to assist with building, repairs, etc. Thanks!

Frank

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
We are down to these states:

Delaware
Iowa
Kentucky
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
North Dakota
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

If you know of anyone in those states, please ask them if they would like to volunteer to help others in our sport.

Thanks!

Frank