2nd RC for gimbal control - WK-M wiring

wsj1983

Hi.
I plan to use a 2nd RC to control my 3-axis gimbal's PAN and TILT... and keep the TILT and ROLL with WK-M stabilization.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the wiring:

- Receiver #1 will be connected to wk-m on A, E, T, R, U
- Receiver #2 will be connected to wk-m on X2 to control the TILT, and my PAN servo will be conected direct to my receiver #2.

Am I right? Or am I missing something on that plan?

FerdinandK

I am not sure, how your gimbal works, but the wkm stabilization will only be correct if the camera is pointing forward. If you pan, the corrections made by the WKM are no longer correct. You will need an extra gimbal controller on your gimbals (that pans with it).

best regards

Ferdinand

wsj1983

Oh... I got it, Ferdinand... right! Cause the stabilization works with the giro.

In this case - NOT adding a controller dedicated to gimbal - I could just add a switch to disable stabilization when I want to make PAN/TILT movements, right?

hover.ch

As long as you don't pan, i.e., you're mount looks forward, you should be fine. However, if you want to pan, and you probably want to if you bought a 3D gimbal, you have to disable that in the WKM controller. I think you can do that with the assistant software, if you still want to use WKM's channels. If you have spare channels, of course, you can control the gimbal directly.