Waterproof Naza/GPS Aquacopter - build log video

hazardpro

Hey guys - thanks!

To be honest I haven't noticed any issues as yet with the baro, but I haven't done a great deal of testing.

I have one of those 'breathable' pads on order anyway but I wont fit it if I dont need to....

Ill be doing some more testing soon so ill be sure to keep you posted!

@ Stacky

Ouch! What happened there?!?

Doug

Stacky

Im not really sure Doug, I suspect a radio lockout but I was only 30-40 meters away and I had been flying over land earlier to much great distances.

dr427

Trying to figure it out!
What thread size are those plastic cover screws? It seems like a 6-32 UTS Computer case back screw or something similar would be a nice alternative (Stainless Steel & Knurled head).

View attachment 10035

Attachments

• KTS-4202_Photo1.jpg
    KTS-4202_Photo1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 346

hazardpro

Hi, yeah its a good idea.

Unfortunately though, PC case screws are M3, these are M4....

That said I'm sure you can get stainless alternatives if you wanted. Personally its unwanted extra weight in my book.

Doug

Stacky

Doug, whats the biggest size battery you have been able to get in the case and what brand/model battery is it?
Thanks

hazardpro

Hey Stacky

Not sure what the max you can fit in is, depends on all the other bits in it.

But using out electric housing you are looking at a 22mm thick battery as a max.

The nano-tech 3000mAh 3s are a good fit, Overlander 3350mAh 3s fit even better at only 19mm thick.

We get 7mins on both with 20-24% remaining respectfully.

Hope that helps. ;)

Doug

Stacky

Doug the physical size of the hole limits what I can get in. I have my esc's on the outside so i have tons of room. I think my 3s batteries are too old and not giving me the performance they once did. Im getting just 4 minutes safely with a 3000mah 3s when carrying my gopro and fpv gear. Time for a couple of new 3000mah 3s batteries i think

hazardpro

Flying normally. We are running 800kv tigers, simonK'd escs, fpv cam, long range immersion tx etc.

Full build spec is in our build video

D