Battery Chargers - advice / help

hazardpro

Ok time has come to invest in a decent charger and I could do with some help / advise.

Im running 2 x 5000mAh batteries on the S800 and need to be able to charge on the field.

My current charger takes 90-120mins to charge just one battery from the mains so is not really up for the job.

Ideally I need to be able to charge 2 at once either via mains at the workshop or on the field either via aux battery OR I do have a quiet generator but its rated output is 450 watts @ 50hz with a peak of 550 watts so not sure if that's powerful enough?).

Any help / advice very welcome :)

Thanks

Doug

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Your limited to the time you can charge a battery, without damaging it, you have to go by the guidelines for the battery and the charger you get. Turnigy Accucel 6 can charge up to 5 amps, you can only push 5 amps into your 5000 mAh battery and be safe, if you put more than the recommended in, you will prematurely kill it.

I am no expert on battery charging, but I am sure someone will be able to give you the exact figures you require. Is your battery a 4S?

olof

Osprey
I think this is as good a dual charger as you can get:
http://www.hyperion-world.com/products/product/HP-EOS0720iSDUO3

But be careful as deanot mentions and follow charging instructions for your battery, usually 1c, in other words a 5000mAh, should be max 5 amps. There are some batteries that can be charged faster like 5c that is 5 times the AH. Just be sure to read battery specs and it is a good idea to use a fireproof bag when charging especially at higher than 1c rates, just in case. Batteries live longer if charged slower. So in the long run having more Lipos may be less expensive than charging faster

I have both Hitec and Hyperion chargers and in my opinion the Hyperion is superior.

Last edited by a moderator: