What's the maximum wind speed before you stop shooting due to crappy footages?

abonto

Hello, what's the ideal wind speed to get a perfect smooth shot? And on the other hand what's the maximum wind speed before you stop shooting due to crappy results.

jcmonty

Zero wind is best for pretty much any rig. Least amount of disturbances for the copter and/or gimbal to compensate for.

Maximum wind is rig and setup dependent. Also, what constitutes crappy shot?

My personal is probably 10 mph before it just get's too unusable. Gusts are the real killer.

abonto

Thanks for the input JC, I consider, jello, vibrations and all the shake combined as the crappy shot. It's been all wind in my area since December, and it's making me sad. Are there any rig setup that can handle at least 10-20mph? Will the brushless gimbal be helpful on windy days?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
8-10mph is max for million $ shots. I suppose soem can do it with insanely well tuned rigs,gimbals, cx760, post stab. can fly in 20 and I have seen some pretty damn impressive MK footage in a lot higher but still not that perfect floaty shot you dream of.

abonto

8-10mph is max for million $ shots. I suppose soem can do it with insanely well tuned rigs,gimbals, cx760, post stab. can fly in 20 and I have seen some pretty damn impressive MK footage in a lot higher but still not that perfect floaty shot you dream of.
Thanks Iris, I'll consider my max at 10mph. It's really been windy in my area lately.