No connection to Naza Assistant

JG-rn

Stripped down my f450 in preperation of my tbs disco build. All that's left on the bottom plate is the battery plug, vu, and naza. Just got my futaba 8j in and wanted to get the naza config started. I binded the Rx to the TX, powered up the naza, plugged x2 into the sbus, started the naza assistant , but its not reading any of the old settings nor when move the sticks on the TX it doesn't move in the assistant .

Whats going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

JG-rn

The led is flashing yellow quickly as if it lost connection to the Tx.

The led on the Rx is solid green, and when I turn the Tx off the Rx led goes red...turn. The Tx back on and it goes green again

JG-rn

Not even going to mention what I a doing wrong. I had just finished my 8th annotation for an annotated bibliography that I have due thus Sunday....not to mention I have the flu.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Come on man, do tell. Did you still have your gps plugged in? Nasty *** flu season this year, drink lots of water (but you probably already knew that).

JG-rn

Come on man, do tell. Did you still have your gps plugged in? Nasty *** flu season this year, drink lots of water (but you probably already knew that).

Dude, I didn't plug the USB plug into the vu module.

Look, I was tired and very sick, alright !!?

JG-rn

I do have a problem with the assistant still. My IOC is Grayed out and the three way switch I have assigned for it does nothing. Also, unable to select go home and land button in the assistant for the failsafe.

JG-rn

Ok, now there is so something wrong.

This morning I was programming my futaba 8j and had the naza just like it is in the pic hooked up to the assistant and it was fine.

I went back to it just now, hooked the battery up and the naza led stays solid red. The assistant won't read the naza either.

Any advice?

IMAG0236.jpg

JG-rn

I thought you went s-bus. Did you change your receiver type?

I was going sbus but I set up my Tx watching a vid Ali Mansoor did on the 8j his settings didn't work with my sbus. I went back to traditional any everything worked perfectly

ChrisViperM

Hello

First thing, read this (but only read): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600967&page=5 Post# 68....but I would recommend reading the whole thread.

A few things you could do straight away (in case you didn't do already) :

Get a different USB cable (preferably the original NAZA USB cable, if that's the one you use, get a different cable)....
Try a different USB port....

if that doesn't help:
Try to uninstall the NAZA software completely, after uninstall try to locate any DJI files and delete them....Don't restart the computer afterwards, power it completely down and than start it. Than start with the link I gave you #Post 68

Chris

JG-rn

Hello

First thing, read this (but only read): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600967&page=5 Post# 68....but I would recommend reading the whole thread.

A few things you could do straight away (in case you didn't do already) :

Get a different USB cable (preferably the original NAZA USB cable, if that's the one you use, get a different cable)....
Try a different USB port....

if that doesn't help:
Try to uninstall the NAZA software completely, after uninstall try to locate any DJI files and delete them....Don't restart the computer afterwards, power it completely down and than start it. Than start with the link I gave you #Post 68

Chris

Chris. Will try this.

Is it possible naza needs to have (see) the esc's and motors plugged in for it to work properly? I don't have them in.

ChrisViperM

In the link I gave you everything is explained, but I personally have always everything connected together (always take the props off) before fiddling with the assistent software.....even if I wouldn't have to

Chris

tstrike

pendejo grande
I wouldn't think it matters wether you have your esc's plugged in or not since the naza sends the signal out and doesn't receive a signal back. How's the charge on the battery you're using? I've never had the misfortune of a solid red light so I'm just grasping at straws here.