GCS - Ground Control Station installation failure!

The following message appears when I first tried to install DJI Ground Control Station using my new LK900 radio system and the provided CD software for my new WKM.

Message from webpage:
Error! There are 2 possibilities...
1) network is not good, try offline mode...
2) google earth plugin version is not match,please reinstall from the CD

Multiple attempts have been made to get this operating. Anyone out there been down the rocky road before and made it to the finish line?

Problems started when loading the CD software which did not "autorun".
So I just double-clicked the setup.msi which apparently bypassed all pre-requisite steps.
Also the manufacturer's provided USB cable for the LK900 apparently shorted out one of my Notebook PC USB ports!

chris88

Hi
there is an other tread about the datalink problem.
here some solution:

i have the same problem. many email between me and dji. maybe, we found the solution:
Pls try install the plugin from CD again then
1) Open file: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
2) remove all entries from the file containing "google.com." Then save the file. Leave all the other entries the way they are
3) Then open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"
4) Close the command prompt after the DNS resolver cache flushes successfully and Google Earth should work fine.

i hope, this work by you.

regards, chris

Chris.... your help is greatly appreciated..... But how do I edit "hosts" and save it without any extension and save it to the same location? Windows OS has restricted me from saving files to this subdirectory even though I am the administrator!!!

Thanks again.... your guidance helped greatly..... in the meantime I am getting a statement when I select "connect" from GCS stating "permission denied"!

chris88

you can edit the hosts file with the windows program edit.exe or editor.exe
If windows dont let save, save with other name, rename the original hosts, an change you edit hosts file in hosts.

If this also not work, ask dji innovation for the news beta version, that works without the google earth problem.

Sorry about my english, my original language is german.

That works 100%...... Now I am still missing a Canbus port as required by LK900 cable sets.
Seems that the iOSD that I ordered with it will be the only way to increase the number of ports to complete the job!!!
Or am I missing something here? The WKM controller provides an s.bus port but will not connect to the LK900 directly.

Tahoe Ed

Because the 900 has two can bus ports you have all you need to connect everything. I will try and find a post I made a while ago on how to do it.

Tahoe Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 274

Thanks Ed.... Obviously it is possible as per the photos..... will put on my thinking cap and do up a diagram then connect accordingly. I assume you are using 900Mhz datalink for Dji GCS.